Blue240

Swift 2

Just flew mine for the first time this past Saturday, what a great suit!

Started on a Hatch, flew a TBird for a while then while, then bought a Swift 2. Build quality is superior, they changed the LE on the previous Swift from neoprene to Glideskin and got rid of the pool noodle foam and added a more ridged piece that conforms to the shape of the LE. The neoprene at the wrist keeps it flexible for pull time.

I'm taking it out of a C182 from 10.5 and I was easily getting 73-78s of flight, so I can't complain about that either!

To compare it to a Hatch, it's definitely bigger but not so much to make it uncontrollable. The grippers are the same size, a bit larger arm wing and the tailwing extends a bit further than on the Hatch.

Hope that's some good info for y'all, here are two quick vids

https://youtu.be/yoTiXFXhFCw
https://youtu.be/Uz-b5HC4Gkk

Thank you for the info!
I also started on a Hatch and i am going for the Swift 2 later this year.
I am super happy with the Hatch,
I only want a little more performance but not a much bigger suit.
With the different LE is it more difficult to go for the risers?
On the Hatch i can unstow the brakes without unzipping
Cheers!!

Yeah, SQ's small suits seem to fly a size big. I flew the original Swift with about 100 jumps on bigger suits (SBird, XBird, Havok) and it still took me half the jump to get comfortable with the slidieness and sensitivity in the tail. The Funk felt a little fish tailie too. But good suits otherwise. I think where SQ shines is on the bigger stuff. Love my C2.

For what it is worth, I've jumped 7 different suits (more than a few times) from all the big manufacturers, and never had toggle/riser reaching issues. But they fit folks different, and people have had other experiences.

Anachronist

Yeah, SQ's small suits seem to fly a size big. I flew the original Swift with about 100 jumps on bigger suits (SBird, XBird, Havok) and it still took me half the jump to get comfortable with the slidieness and sensitivity in the tail. The Funk felt a little fish tailie too. But good suits otherwise. I think where SQ shines is on the bigger stuff. Love my C2.

For what it is worth, I've jumped 7 different suits (more than a few times) from all the big manufacturers, and never had toggle/riser reaching issues. But they fit folks different, and people have had other experiences.

toggles and risers are different you need to reach the toggles without unzipping for base, or at least to make it safer. If you can reach them in all of the manufactures suits they don't fit you right.
BASE 1519

My first and only suit is the hatch so i can't compare it with something else about the slidieness and sensitivity in the tail.
But i know 6 people with phantoms,havok and only one of them can touch the lower part of the riser(he has to lift his legs).
When i was trying to tune my opening sequence(body position,speed at pitch time)it was super nice to be able to get super fast to the risers and stop the possible cut away!
Maybe it is not important but it makes me feel good:-)

wasatchrider

toggles and risers are different you need to reach the toggles without unzipping for base, or at least to make it safer. If you can reach them in all of the manufactures suits they don't fit you right.

Oh my bad, I didn't realize there was a difference between the yellow things you put in your hands or the black things that the lines are attached to, I also didn't realize this was basejumper.com, I also didn't know you were and expert wingsuit fitter for every manufacturer.

The faggotry on here is amazing sometimes...

Anachronist

Oh my bad, I didn't realize there was a difference between the yellow things you put in your hands or the black things that the lines are attached to, I also didn't realize this was basejumper.com, I also didn't know you were and expert wingsuit fitter for every manufacturer.

The faggotry on here is amazing sometimes...

just shows your lack of knowledge for the riser/toggles, and the ability to punch out of different suits
you can grab any riser with any of the 7 suits you have flown but not toggles.
doesn't matter because you just skydive (good review though those tails sure are slidey)
BASE 1519

Anachronist

Thanks for clarifying my own experiences for me, I really appreciate it, don't know what I'd do without someone on the internet explaining how my own gear works and fits.

No problem let me make this easy for you to try and understand. Of all the wing suit companies only squirrel minus the c race you can punch out of to get to your toggles and intrudair you can reach your toggles without unzipping. Well and 95# of tony suits. So unless you have only flown squirrel and intrudair the other suit were built to be tight and precise without being able to get your arms through the suit to the toggles. So unless you are jumping a suit built for a fat kid and you are super skinny and you can't punch out it fits wrong. And you are right I don't know your experience but it really sounds like you know what you are talking about. Maybe your experience is different in what you call riser/toggles I don't know.
Do yourself a favor and don't any of these 7 suits you have jumped off of a cliff.
BASE 1519

No problem let me make this easy for you to try and understand. Of all the wing suit companies only squirrel minus the c race you can punch out of to get to your toggles

I could punch out of my Colugo 1 just fine. Colugo 2, nope. Arm sleeve fit tighter than the one on my new Sukhoi. I know the RAD cut is supposed to still let you get to toggles but didn't really work for me. Looks like of their current range of big suits only the A2 has enough stretchy stuff on the arms to be a genuine 'punch out' suit.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

No problem let me make this easy for you to try and understand. Of all the wing suit companies only squirrel minus the c race you can punch out of to get to your toggles

I could punch out of my Colugo 1 just fine. Colugo 2, nope. Arm sleeve fit tighter than the one on my new Sukhoi. I know the RAD cut is supposed to still let you get to toggles but didn't really work for me. Looks like of their current range of big suits only the A2 has enough stretchy stuff on the arms to be a genuine 'punch out' suit.

wasatchrider and I took our pissing contest off the thread, so I'm not trying to start that up again.

Just wanted to say I agree, I can't reach my toggles on my C2 (even without padding), it is the tightest arm I've ever flown (and the suit was built for me), I've flown other suits that were way too small and basically painted on, but the arm still wasn't as tight. With the two padding options for the C2 I haven't ever taken the thick one into the air, and it was several jumps with none at all before I started using the thin one. Even still, after breaking it in, the pull with the thin padding requires a lot of effort (more than any suit I've ever flown), not because of wing pressure but because of the tightness of the arm. Makes for great precise control and feel during flight, but comes with some drawbacks. For me anyway, in freefall the C2 feels amazing, but at any other time I feel like it is a boa constrictor. The price we pay for performance :P The Freak probably would have been a better choice for the flying I do (I hear the fit is a bit looser) but wasn't out yet when I ordered my C2.

Anachronist

... but because of the tightness of the arm..

The price we pay for performance

dont let that matt hear, as per to him, loose fit makes for great performance and control!

:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

There's this thing called "aerodynamics", but you wouldnt be aware of it since you jump a squirrel-suit. Also, it's not a lot of feel to it, it's more like a law, and pretty much everything adheres to it. Again, except squirrel, apparently, they're above the law!

:D:D:D

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

virgin-burner

Well, i've made my pick, i would order stuff i havent even seen from only one of those manufacturers you just mentioned. But i'll leave the guess to you! :)

Since you are such an expert I guess you jumped suits from all the manufactures multiple times? Tell us more about it

Lukasz_Se

***Well, i've made my pick, i would order stuff i havent even seen from only one of those manufacturers you just mentioned. But i'll leave the guess to you! :)

Since you are such an expert I guess you jumped suits from all the manufactures multiple times? Tell us more about it

my expert-opinion is costly. too bad you cant afford it!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda