joeybee

Lost leg zipper slider on PF P2z

After I got on the ground and before my next jump I found the zipper slider for my leg was missing. I must have pulled it to the top near my hip and it came off and was lost. the zipper teeth are not damaged but I need a new or used slider. Suit is a Phoenix Fly Phantom 2Z. Anyone have any ideas?

joeybee

After I got on the ground and before my next jump I found the zipper slider for my leg was missing. I must have pulled it to the top near my hip and it came off and was lost. the zipper teeth are not damaged but I need a new or used slider. Suit is a Phoenix Fly Phantom 2Z. Anyone have any ideas?

That is not magic just a high quality YKK zipper there.

The exact same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago with my PF Havok. I took the suit to Ulla at Merlin Suits in Deland but she was unable to match the missing slider. Tried next door at Racer's shop also without luck. It's not a common YKK piece. So I was ready to haunt JoAnn's Fabric on the way home and then

try Phoenix. Anyway, I put on another suit and made a jump, landing in the same spot near the peas. Looking down without taking a step my missing slider was on the ground right in front of me, attached to a piece of bright ribbon. Back to Merlin, Ulla fixed it and more importantly sewed a small piece of ribbon across the top of the zippers on both sides to keep it from happening again. Good luck on yours.

Tom McCann

Until recently, PF was using a zipper by OPTI from Europe, which is not compatible with YKK. Check with Adam at Leading Edge if he has any replacement sliders. It isn't hard, just takes patience to get the new slider onto the old zipper teeth.

When I replace an entire zipper, I don't unstitch the old one, I just hot knife the the zipper even with the fold of the fabric. Then sew the new one over the top of what is still sewn onto the suit. If you match the stitch length and thread color, it is almost unnoticable and so much easier.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity