WickedWingsuits

Want to make some money off your wingsuit collection?

Happy New Year Wingsuiters!

We are starting up a pilot program for Peer-2-Peer wingsuit rentals that might be of interest to any of you with a few wingsuits laying around.

It is kind of a wingsuit rental consignment meets match.com.

Basically, you keep your wingsuit locally but we add it to our database. If we get a request for a suit that matches yours we will get you to ship it to the customer and share profits with you. Once compete it will ship back to you.

There are more details to it that I will be happy to discuss with anyone that is interested.

Either PM or contact us via email at simon at wickedwingsuits.com

Simon
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

lyosha

What happens if my suit comes back with cigarette burns?

didnt think of cigarette burns, but any other damage? old rules apply, "you broke it, you bought it" - same amount as paid for yourself?

but there might be more to your story.
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Awesome idea. Very clever and I love it.

I share the same concerns as others. What protection is the renter afforded in the event of damage beyond normal wear and tear?

What would constitute normal wear and tear?

For example, if someone lands in the mud in rental gear it's a $100 cleaning fee at Perris. If I recall correctly. Will such a provision be included in these deals?
Apex BASE

I sent a PM but you might as well hash all this out on the forum. Any restrictions on suits, brand or size, i.e. X3 or Aura?

For whoever cares, this isn't going to work for high maintenance WS owners or customers. If your suit comes back dirty, too bad, wash it, you got paid. If it comes back with a scuff or a stain, too bad. If it is not airworthy or needs real repair, that is a problem.

The issue is skydivers are scumbags and someone is going to have a WS that needs repair and try to get it done by Wicked for free by claiming it came from the renter.

I would suggest that Wicked make its insurance mandatory, and if there is a "claim" you have to send the WS to Wicked to recover a total loss or let them decide how to repair it.

The only way this will work is if Wicked can protect a significant or total loss and the WS owners aren't prima donnas. i.e. don't expect the WS to come back in perfect condition, the pay for the rental should be sufficient compensation for cosmetic damage, especially over time. If someone rents your WS you should expect they jump the crap out of it and they are going to send it back to you with at least a couple cosmetic souvenirs.

For renters, if it is a little stinky, deal with it. If it is disgusting or needs repair, doesn't fit, etc, then there should be some sort return for the cost of shipping only within a couple days of receiving it.

Thanks for the compliment. We wanted to try something a bit different for 2016.

We are keeping the initial pilot/trail to a small group so that we can work through this minutia.

When we add a suit to our inventory we will agree on an amount that will cover it's replacement if it is lost or destroyed. We will try and replace it where possible but we actually will accept older suit designs that are no longer replaceable. In almost 1000 suit/month rentals we have only had 1 suit destroyed beyond repair.

Wear and tear is a bit harder to "define". Most of us know what it means. If it is the kind of wear you would get from flying for a month then that is wear and tear.

If you like to keep your wingsuit white all crisp and bright then this isn't for you. This is for the folks that already lend their suits locally and aren't anal about the details.

The biggest cleaning issue with out rentals is SWEAT! In the summer these suits come back as stinkers. A quick spin in a washing machine and air dry takes care of it, normally. Your compensation will cover a wash.

The truth is this is a test, just like it was 5 years ago when we started renting. If we start to upset too many folks with damaged suits or if our insurance budget starts hurting we will just close the program.

Simon
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

This is a good idea and I hope it succeeds. It could increase access to various models of wingsuits, making it easier for flyers to try something different. At the same time it could help some recoup some of the cost of their fleet of wingsuits. Bravo!