skow

Vampire Sukhoi

It's ridiculous in terms of marketing and corporate communication that there is an obviously good new product on the market, being used by pros for a while already, company boss posts pictures of it on Facebook, but no information is available anywhere on the official company website or official FB page.

So interested customers, willing to spend good money, have to ask in a forum about it!?

I also asked Robi about the Sukhoi two months ago but got no response over FB. Similar things with TonySuits.. their website seems updated in 2013 for the last time.

"Don't tell the customers about it, they might like it and give us their money" :ph34r:

Are PF and TS so overloaded with orders already that they don't feel the need to sell their new products? Or don't they mind if Squirrel swoops in here and takes a big bite out of their market share?

Just imagine if car manufacturers did that for a while..

EDIT: Thanks for the link and the information, Jarno! :)

You ask me over FB two months ago about SU?!
Two month ago the suit was in testing and if you asked me , that answer you probably get...
I am not rushing posting video of the suit asap the first one is made nor introducing one suit than after the stesting and R&D is done selling something else.

Would be nice to introduce on WS forum as well,m so to know who is talking.
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

mccordia

I was updating the website still on the Vampire-SU.
The page should now have all info and picture good to go at Phoenix-Fly.com

You really, really should put some more detailed images of the suit up on the website.

I have one on order and I'm insanely excited about it because I've talked to you and some other PF guys in person and seen the detailed touches and tech advances that are going into the suit. Right now though people who are just looking at the website won't be able to see that - because apart from showing that it's a genuinely massive suit that's still a Vampire (which on its own is pretty cool) the pictures just don't do it justice!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

You really, really should put some more detailed images of the suit up on the website.

We're currently working on several showcase videos of various suits, which should be up on the site December and January.

Taking the time to develop the suits to the best of their flying abilities, the marketing will always lag behind a bit. Anyone wanting information can get basic information on any suit from the website and for those wanting more specific info and images, direct contact with any of the sales reps or people from PF directly can get you all additional info you might want.

Coming December Xmas we have some Need4Speed awesomeness in the works in the form of moving pixels with two big skydiving base projects (both finished shooting, currently in the editing phase) which will show a lot more of the Vampire SU and Havok and Hunter.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Reading the description I'm now very confused.

"Setting the fastest time in competition during the 2015 China WWL, the Vampire SU is currently the fastest... " - isn't this what Arrow was supposed to be for?

"For BASE jumping, the suit is designed for short starts, giving great glide" - isn't this what Venom was supposed to be for?

I've had the impression (maybe wrong) that in a nutshell:

Arrow - Super fast, less glide
Venom - Super good glide, slower
Vampire - Somewhere between. but more agile.

But whenever a new suit comes, when reading the description one may think that it's best in everything.

This may sound like trolling but I'm totally serious.

isn't this what Arrow was supposed to be for?

Correct, and that's exactly what it did at both WWL and the qualifyer in Norway (where it took #1,3 and 50% of all top scores). But Nathan switched to the Vampire SU in China for fun, and to our own ('our' being PF) surprise actually saw his times go down by almost half a second.
We knew the V-SU was fast, but mostly had it aimed at proximity flying/base, and not racing.

But the good results in China showed the V-SU was on par with speed with the Arrow, yet with better starts / glide in comparison to the slightly steeper angle of attack of the Arrow.
Which is actually why the SUKHOI is retiring the Arrow from the product line. As it has all the same results as the (more 'niche market' racing product) arrow, yet with a lot of added/better characteristics in agility, glide and starts.

isn't this what Venom was supposed to be for?

Which is what it does. And when it comes to PPC style jumping, the venom is still the choice in the PF line when it comes to glide and hangtime (on time the V-SU is slightly steeper in trim).

whenever a new suit comes, when reading the description one may think that it's best in everything.

As stated on the SU page "the Vampire SU is currently the fastest and most agile terrain flying suit in the PF range" which is exactly what it is, and what it was aiming to be. On all other aspects it also does incredibly well. But for sure, other suits in the product line have their own aim and target.

The SU (for me) is replacing the Venom Power I've had as my main suit for BASE the last few seasons. But PPC competitions, the Venom Power is still my main weapon (If I can focus long enough to actually fly a straight line) and skydiving with all the carvy, swoopy, docky stuff Im hanging around in the Carve and Shadow, as that's where most fun is to be had for acrobatics.

The hunter will slot into the product line right in between those two, being a very comfortable all-rounder. Mixing big suit and acrobatic characteristics. We'll have more on that one to show as well soon...several gigs of very cool video material currently undergoing editing..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

mccordia

On all other aspects it also does incredibly well. But for sure, other suits in the product line have their own aim and target.

Are you able to recommend a suit for impressing tandem passengers while waiting for the plane?

I have found that the Vampire Race is very effective at this, but I have a specifically female target in mind.

johnmatrix

***On all other aspects it also does incredibly well. But for sure, other suits in the product line have their own aim and target.

Are you able to recommend a suit for impressing tandem passengers while waiting for the plane?

I have found that the Vampire Race is very effective at this, but I have a specifically female target in mind.

Try this one.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com