HIGH1

Freaks, Fogheads, Hunters...oh My!

I have a Foghead and my buddy has a freak Freak. We are nearly the exact same size and switched suits for a couple jumps. These observations are based on only two people's opinions, so take it with a grain of salt.

I thought the Foghead was the greatest suit in the world until I jumped his Freak. He jumped my Foghead and thought it was much more difficult to fly. His previous experience was in Phoenix Fly and only had 6 jumps on his Freak so far. I have 80 jumps in my Foghead and rather current with it, and still thought on jump #1 that the Freak was better.

The Freak has an obvious performance increase over the Foghead as well. The Freak feels more solid, while the Foghead feels a little more mushy (word choice?). The Freak has a larger flare, debatably faster, and easier to fly. The Freak does have a little more float, so it can be more difficult to fly with smaller suits than the Foghead. The Foghead does have an easier pull, we attributed that to it feeling less pressurized. But these two suits do fly very well together. Their performance differences are small enough that they are pretty effortless together.

There are weird, rather unimportant things that I like about each suit. I like Tony Suits and their bootie zippers with the 3 tabs, versus the Freak and its single piece of small velcro. However, the new leading edge of the bigger Squirrel suits is amazing. The wrist has a neoprene type material for toggle access and has a pretty stout leading edge the rest of the surface for performance.

Overall, they are both great suits and have their individuals pros. But it was a very unanimous decision that the Freak was the better suit in more ways than not. The things we did like about the Foghead weren't overly important, like the bootie zippers etc. So if anyone wants to trade a Foghead for a Freak, I'm in ;).

I did a jump on a friend's PF Hunter today - it's an AWESOME suit.

My experience:
300 total WS jumps, almost all on a Phantom 2. Also:
Stealth 2 - 20
Havok - 1
Ghost 3 - 1
Vampire 5 - 2
Vampire Race - 11

I found the Hunter super easy to fly, with a massive amount of power. The pull was very clean and easy too.
Just 1 jump but very impressed.

A lot of Hunters hitting the users the last week..here are some initial impressions from the facebooks

"I test jumped a Hunter yesterday and agree with all that's been said. I have less experience with the big suits than you guys but really loved this suit. It's got a ton of power and felt really nice to fly."

" I think much more power than the Havok. The Hunter has the agility of a small suit but with the lift of a big suit"

"How dose it fly competed to the ghost? - "Not even in the same league..." "Apart from slightly less forward speed I reckon it could easily fly with X3/Rebel class"

"hunter is a different beast. havok is similar to ghost- but the hunter is a new animal"

And here is Scott Paterson making his first few jumps on the Hunter (XRW)
Video
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

A new feature is the Mylar strip on arm wing top skin. It allows to improve the air flow behind the leading edge by reducing the ballooning in “flat arm” / max glide flying position.

We have designed this Mylar strip to be sewn in a very specific way

Between the ribs (and not with the ribs), in order to flatten the ballooning
Without stitching the trailing edge of the strip, so as to create a small “cut” that allows the air flow to better stick to the rest of the arm wing top skin

So this seems like something new for a WS, like the slat system used on an OSP or Outlaw BASE canopy is how I interpret it.

DHemer

like the slat system used on an OSP or Outlaw BASE canopy is how I interpret it.

I think they meant that the mylar forms better to the suit when it inflates because it's not sewn together in the back. The slat system is open on the front and back to help airflow over the canopy in deep brakes which makes it less likely to stall. The slat system doesn't "stick" to the canopy.

DHemer

So this seems like something new for a WS, like the slat system used on an OSP or Outlaw BASE canopy is how I interpret it.

Get a skyflyer 1,3,6 from a dusty corner.
Or look at the deflector design on those suits / vampires.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Things have moved along in the last 3 years and now we are evolving into more of a "demo" model. We are excited to have now added Squirrel wingsuits to our existing fleet.

Last season we added some R Bird Pro suits and now for 2018 we can meet more requests for demo suits, just drop us a line. The high-end race suits might be a challenge but if there is enough demand we will solve the problem.

Next project is a website refresh... :)
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com