damir

Audible Altimeter Poll

The Quattro is a must if you ever want to compete in PPC due to it having settings above 9999ft.

The use of flysight for the window has made audibles mostly unnecessary but they are still a good backup for when a GPS quits on the way to altitude.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Related question:
I have a Neptune II. Out of date, I know. But it generally works great. The problem I have is, if I'm out for a longer ride in my wingsuit, I can get my fall rate slow enough that it thinks I did a hop & pop. It records the whole thing as a canopy ride. Called the company- Neither the NII or the Neptune III has a "wingsuit setting" that will accurately record flight (freefall) time (from exit to deployment) if you're falling too slow.
Anybody know of an audible that will work with a very slow fall rate?

stevemeg

Related question:
I have a Neptune II. Out of date, I know. But it generally works great. The problem I have is, if I'm out for a longer ride in my wingsuit, I can get my fall rate slow enough that it thinks I did a hop & pop. It records the whole thing as a canopy ride. Called the company- Neither the NII or the Neptune III has a "wingsuit setting" that will accurately record flight (freefall) time (from exit to deployment) if you're falling too slow.

A flysight is the best way to solve this problem. I use it as my Paralog logger.

The viewers allow you to override where the exit and opening are if that algorithm gets it wrong, which is still can do on a strong flare with altitude gain.

A flysight is almost mandatory equipment for wingsuiting these days. Between the logger, flyblind and audible alarms it really is purpose built for what we are doing.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

stevemeg

Related question:

I jump an N3a. I disable freefall and canopy alarms, but enable countdown. that way you get a voice telling you the altitude every 2k feet. it is really nice to have a female voice whisper in your ear at altitude, in comparison to the screaming of a dytter. you can even record your own wav. files and have it play them! no worries about slow freefall speeds either, im in the low 20s and it works every time
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

roostnureye

I jump an N3a. I disable freefall and canopy alarms, but enable countdown. that way you get a voice telling you the altitude every 2k feet. it is really nice to have a female voice whisper in your ear at altitude, in comparison to the screaming of a dytter. you can even record your own wav. files and have it play them! no worries about slow freefall speeds either, im in the low 20s and it works every time

Low 20s? Time to land that shit. Hell, was sinking faster than that under my rounds.;)
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

johnmatrix

I went for that over the Protrack because I read the Protrack records a max of 119 seconds of freefall time.

It used too. My old one died, and I bought a new one, which will go over 119 seconds (though the manual still says it's limited to 120s).

The ProTrack also has a slow mode which works better for wingsuit jumps. It will still think I deployed if I do a quick flare - otherwise it will still log slow fall rates as freefall.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg