fastfallrate

Who can tell me about the Piranha 2 (Intrudair)?

I'm having difficulty finding good 1st-hand info about these suits. Someone suggested them to me because I'm on a very tight budget, and I'm probably not too likely to find a used Phantom 3 or Edge in my size (5'7", ~170lbs "built like a brick shit-house").

Anyone have experience flying these or know someone who has?

Like I said, I'm on a very tight budget, and this will be my first wingsuit, so I don't want to make any foolish decisions... but I'm really eager to get flying (just finished wingsuit training). Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey,
i got a Piranha 2. I only got around 30 jumps on it so I don't know how much my advice will help you. Also this is my first wingsuit too. I really like the suit. I mean the price is just great for starters. The build quality is really good, although you do notice some points that are nicer with other "more expensive" models, but that's just details. It was made for me and really fit me well. I like the way it flies, it definately got some power if you learn how to fly it, but the feeling is a little bit different to the phantoms since they got the wings attached to the hips while here the wing comes a little bit more down, giving you the feeling of "sliding" more than cutting the air (very minor), but that's just my impression. I can only recommend this suit as a first wingsuit, especially since you mentioned that you're on a tight budget, if you won't find a used suit this would definately be my go to. But time my advice with caution. Also I'm not sponsored or anything by them ;-) blue skies, hope this helps at least a little

The Piranha2 is a good suit, it flies and performs similar to a Phantom3. The new PEdge might me state of the art, but the Piranha2 is a lot cheaper and in the beginning the only thing that matters is pilot ability. This suit will keep you challenged and entertained for a long time.

There's a little less pressure on the arms and it feels a bit more sensitive because of the armwing shape with more fabric on the torso and less on the wingtips.
It's okay for a beginner, I use three of them for my first flight courses.

The newer versions of it (since 2015) have the upgraded backfly inlets for higher pressurization.
Build quality is very good since the last 3 years, they improved their production a lot.

When you order one, take a bit of slack into the measurements, they tend to come pretty tight.

I know quite a few people at my home dizzy that jump Piranha's. They all seem to be quite happy with it. Altough I'm not a fan of the overall design the suit looks decent, sturdy, has a nice range in forward speed and a good potential for backflying. I wouldn't let someone do a first flight in it though. The armwings are just a tad to big for that in my taste. If you really are on a supertight budget then the Pirana is probably a good choice for you.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"