hjumper33

Innie Outie Zipper Modification

https://vimeo.com/142243265

This modification provides one possible solution to zippers coming apart while sitting down on innie/outie style attachment suits. I have used this for a while, and I find that people have generally never heard of it or are afraid to try it because the idea of cutting parts of zippers seems a bit odd. I only do this to the front zippers or my suits, and use small s-biners on the back.

I am not for or against future suits having tabs vs zippers, but the fact remains that a very high percentage of people reading this have this type of attachment on their suit. I think this simple modification is pretty darn important, and might even save you from having to figure out "just how head down to I need to be for my cypress to fire, but not too much that the reserve will deploy in time".

I know this works on the zippers on all squirrel suits, but check your specific suits zippers before you go snipping. Sorry for the crappy wide video, and really do consider trying this.

I use these front and back. I've never been able to get my handles inside the suit.

Even if the zippers can move in tandem...if the hole is too small for the handle to fit through I don't see how it can ever be swallowed.

I think the main issue was bungees, where the size of the hole could grow. Fixing the distance between the zips seems to work for most people. Maybe there are more rare bodies/containers where this isn't enough.

I also have a large metal reserve handle. If you're buying a WS rig...the mini pillows on both sides seem like a bad idea.
Apex BASE

I've been using the same mod as hjumper33 since the first colugo. Haven't had any problems with disappearing handles.

Be aware though, you have to be careful about where you position the zips when they are locked, it's easy to damage the teeth since the zippers can't move.

hjumper33

https://vimeo.com/142243265

This modification provides one possible solution to zippers coming apart while sitting down on innie/outie style attachment suits. I have used this for a while, and I find that people have generally never heard of it or are afraid to try it because the idea of cutting parts of zippers seems a bit odd. I only do this to the front zippers or my suits, and use small s-biners on the back.

I am not for or against future suits having tabs vs zippers, but the fact remains that a very high percentage of people reading this have this type of attachment on their suit. I think this simple modification is pretty darn important, and might even save you from having to figure out "just how head down to I need to be for my cypress to fire, but not too much that the reserve will deploy in time".

I know this works on the zippers on all squirrel suits, but check your specific suits zippers before you go snipping. Sorry for the crappy wide video, and really do consider trying this.

post up a photo or description of what you used to place over the spectra pigtail please.

Craig