keithbar

You tube big wingsuit surprise

i bought a 2nd-hand carve, made for someone slightly taller and heavier than me, no issues whatsoever. but it's not like 40lbs heavier and 5 inches taller. and my rig was custom. so yea..

you know, imagine you buy 2nd-hand shoes from a kindergardener, or the ones from "jaws" (the james bond guy), and expect they fit with no issues, because after all, they're all humans, right!?

:S

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

If we can accept that handles getting sucked in is a real but rare possibility then what is the appropriate wingsuit body position for an AAD fire do you think? Head down? Instability?

I think I would pick head downish to avoid line twists. It would be a slammer but they are designed to open at terminal.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

and on another note, why is it that the squirrel-fanboys always think they'll have to step in for "their" manufacturer?

WWL is just around the corner, that should settle who has the longest dong!

;)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

This is an issue that every manufacturer uses a similar design. All I offered is a solution (though make sure itll work on your zippers before cutting off the tabs). Every manufacturer has someone that says something. How long after someone complains about phoenix fly service or time does Jarno post?

I dont think WWL will solve much. With most of the races, you can take the top 5 guys in the world and give them any suit and theyll do well. Happy a few more of them switched to squirrel since last year. ACES is going to be much more fun to fly, and way more interesting to watch.

why would i want to cut off shit on a 1k$+ piece of equipment. if the suit's constructed well enough, there shouldnt be a problem. oh yea, and as long it's not giant- nor children-sized.

your second paragraph seems to imply that you're not so sure about squirrels outcome in the WWL. i'm quite confident that phoenix-fly will absolutely tear the other manufacturers a new one. or maybe more than one, uhm, podiums..

really, cant wait! B|

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Im betting on Jeb for the WWL, duh. Not competing, and actually having been banned from jumping at the site of the WWL, I could not even pretend to know how any particular suit will do this year, because im not flying them.

More of what im implying is that ill take Noah, Mike, and the Boule/Boole twins no matter what suits they happen to be flying. I dont think any of them are flying PF, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. Ive made no secret that Im not a fan of straight line wingsuit base drag racing, nor dive and flare paralog competitions.

hjumper33

Results so far appear to show that... All the suits are about the same. 2 pf and 2 squirrels in the semis. All practice times look pretty interchangeable depending on the round. End of brand wars right?

I've the feeling that topic is going wayy off-topic ...
"The 'perfect' parachute jump was thought to be one where the opening shock and touchdown were simultaneous" -Lyle Cameron, ~1965
---
Falling-With-Style.com

hjumper33

Results so far appear to show that... All the suits are about the same. 2 pf and 2 squirrels in the semis. All practice times look pretty interchangeable depending on the round. End of brand wars right?

you getting scared!? :P

:D:D:D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Both jumpers who were going to be flying Tony Suits until 4 days ago apparently?

http://worldwingsuitleague.com/uncategorized/last-minute-changes-with-wingsuit-teams/

Anyway, if it's going to become a manufacturer race it would be good to see some S-Fly suits there as well. I'd like to see how one of those French maniacs with a Cruise goes.

I'd like to see how one of those French maniacs with a Cruise goes.

:ph34r:

Seriously, I think on that angle a wingsuit is going to have a serious speed/power advantage. The tracksuit is going to be flying a bit too hard to hit super high speeds.

Also, I seem to remember something about Andrey Karr being banned from the mountain during the first WWL for jumping the "world's most demanding wingsuit race course" using a PTS...B|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?