lyosha

PAC 750XL + WS = ?

I'm looking for someone that's not spoiled by Otter DZs (like myself) for some input/advice/sharing of experiences.

How sketchy is wingsuitting out of a pac? Are there precautions you take that you wouldn't in an Otter(i.e. barrel roll exit or something of the sort)? What about flocks?

Much thanks!

Pac wing suit jumps are fine if:

1 you coordinate with the pilot and he flys plane tail high/90 Kts or less.
2 keep wings (all 3) closed on exit!
3 exit small and down. I like to barrel roll away as I step out.

AAD is a good idea. Talk to the wingsuiters at your DZ. Don't die, have fun. Bigger suits def put you closer to the tail (my opinion), but they can be managed.
"Sometimes you eat the bar,
and well-sometimes the bar eats you..."

Hey, thanks!

That's the thing though, it's not my DZ, it's a once-a-year type thing. I have all of one WS jump out of a non-Otter (also barrel rolled).

My question with barrel rolls is say you have like four or six or eight wingsuitters or something. What then?

Lots of WS from a PAC, including a few crappy exits. To me the big issue is the height of the door. If you can crouch down far enough then everything is fine. As for hitting the tail, you should be able to exit without moving straight backwards in any aircraft, I exit looking down and flying steep, you can practice that from an otter too. Here are some photos, you can see there is plenty of clearance as long as you don't pop. I wouldn't recommend climbing out, but if you do, when you let go think "fly to the earth as fast as I can" for a few seconds. Also if you are trying to launch more than 3 WS then the whoever goes last needs to be able to play catchup well, the PAC isn't a good aircraft for flocks of 5+.

lyosha

I'm looking for someone that's not spoiled by Otter DZs (like myself) for some input/advice/sharing of experiences.

How sketchy is wingsuitting out of a pac? Are there precautions you take that you wouldn't in an Otter(i.e. barrel roll exit or something of the sort)? What about flocks?

Much thanks!

Lots of WS jumps out of PAC's, and it's not difficult to safely exit them. I've put out 11-ways from a PAC without any issue. If you were taught and do practice a head-up exit with all surfaces minimized, you'll be able to exit a PAC no differently than any other aircraft (assuming the pilot is maintaining a tail-high, rotation-reduced profile).

Causing a stall is a bigger issue for the PAC. With three on the door and three jammed at the rear, stalls are relatively common, scary, and unnecessary.

ByMike

Wing suite camp from 2011 in sweden all (almost) jumps made from Pac, works just fine. Just loud and slow only... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjDbQRZPJPo

Thanks for the video! It was a great boogie!

The rest of the jump were made from King Air.

The door is the Pac is quite low, I remember 3-4 guys were hanging outside on exit.