MrMagica

Anyone use BASEline Flight Computer Android App?

Hi, after playing with a flysight I was very impressed. Mostly I liked the CSV gps output file I could load in maps etc, and the audible feedback on glide ratios.

I found the baseline flight computer in the android playstore, that seemed to say it could do much the same, it should even be even more customisable!

However having downloaded it, I'm a little disappointed. I don't think it can log the GPS path to a file. And while it seems to offer infinite customization with warnings, the only one that looks like something I could figure out was as an audible, which I of course would never use a phone app for.

It offers glide ratio as a trigger, and a sensor with 2 bars one going from -90 to -90 and the other offering no numbers at all. I could set 1 to 1 and 1 to 2 but that isn't really very useful, it doesn't seem that it will give custom audio, and I can't figure it out anyway.

The warnings give you either a beep, or a drum. Nothing to set your own wav files. I don't really want a single beep when I hit a certain GR.

A guide would be good even if I had to move wav files into its home folder.

So all in all it looks like it could be a great low cost tool. I'm not sure if it works, but is very hard to use, or has been half finished with alot of options that possibly don't work, or if it just needs a guide...I've emailed the dev and he is also a user on this board so we'll see!

Has anyone else figured this app out?!