ORTHODOX

Squirrel Freak

Vicente posted images of his Freak on FB today so I grabbed them to post here. It is exactly the same as the other production Freaks. He does still have more hair though. :P

Like Davo said, the size of the wing doesn't really matter anyway. What matters is how it flies, and this suit is incredible and flies like nothing any of us have ever flown before, from any manufacturer. It's all I have wanted to fly since I got it. Get your hands on one and go nuts with it and I am sure you will agree.

I personally love the suit, as does everyone I have talked to, but the real proof is when you fly it and experience what we are talking about.

Yeah, i picked up my production Freak yesterday, so here are the photos.

Apparently Vicente and I have similar suits... we're definitely going to put this to use and fly together :-)

We're gonna get so effing freaky together!
"What kind of man would live a life without daring? Is life so sweet that we should criticize men that seek adventure?Is there a better way to die?" Charles Lindberg, August 26th, 1938

My Freak came in Tuesday and I put 6 jumps on it today. I stepped up from a funk and haven't flown much else.

But all the things that these guys are saying is right on the money. Fast, nimble, easy to fly, intuitive, incredible flare (especially at high speeds), ridiculous range, transitions are cake, barrel rolls are effortless, etc. etc.

The one thing I did notice that seems to be quite common is that my suit has a little bit of wiggle room. The word loose isn't right becuase its not loose, it's just plain comfortable. Not tight anywhere.

I am very pleased with my Freak and would happily recommend it to anyone who is ready for/ready to try a bigger suit.

I will echo the last post. I received mine last Thursday and did 7 jumps on it this weekend.

Tons of range, easy to fly, very powerful flare. I easily flew with an X bird and could float by tandems. It was a big step up in performance from my Havok Carve. Freakin loved it...

I stepped up from a Phantom 3 (100 jumps) straight to the Freak.
The distance i covered while flying in a relaxed bodyposition was amazing :)
It was also possible to fly it in a very braked mode to stay close to small wings (phantoms, shadows).
This toy is so much fun.
But you have to be able to tame the power. If you fuck up on deployment it will kick your ass ;-)
On my 10th ride i ended up in severe Linetwists and had to chop.

This was my FB post:

The Squirrel Freak is a GREAT suit! Soooooo much fun and range. Everything from a everything from a very fun and fast 29 second flight powering straight down to a 208 second flight. If super steep and super floaty (fast) are not your thing then crank some super fast rolls and carving instead! Thanks Squirrel!

I've now put just a bit over 300 flights on the freak. Its an amazing all around suit. That being said its designed as a step up from the funk once you know how to do aerobatics. I'm seeing a lot of people go from a swift and trying to learn aerobatics in the freak. If you are already very competent at aerobatics you'll absolutely love the freak. Sooooo much more power and yet still comfortable. Don't be mistaken into thinking its a medium flying suit though. Its not a step up from the funk, its a flying leap. Use a small suit, get very very comfortable at aerobatics (Not just belly to back)and then move up.

I love it but you have to respect all the extra power.

Picture is screen shot during a fly by in between a funk and a carve.
Downsizing is not the way to prove your manhood.