megamalfunction

S-Fly Wingsuit Material... Still "Crinkly"?

Yah the Apache kind of does...the ridge EXACTLY does. Like the features listed on the website are exactly the same as the aura website but with different names. Not saying it's wrong at all, imitation is a form of flattery, but innie outie, the same identical arm inlets, a nutsack, cut in neoprene arms, same exact style cellphone/camera zip, hiking pole straps, neoprene triangles at the attachment, same carbon fiber grippers, and a profile and shape that I would bet is within a cm in almost every direction. They may have had a little ...inspiration.

If I look at the vampire series or the tony suit series I see development of a design over time, but I could tell right off the bat which manufactures made them. If I look at a core and a ridge, I see basically nothing similar at all and not the classic "sfly look". Just interesting is all.

But back on topic, it not crinkly anymore either

and what differences do you see between the P2 and the Phantom edge , havoc and havoc carve , Aura and aura 2 ? but they are all radically different/improved All the features that you mentioned are critical for what the Ridge is specifically designed for i.e.. jumps in the high mountains where storage for climbing ropes and equipment is needed. I think its very unfair to say 'copied' anymore as we are all aware there is only so much they can do with the human frame , all suits 'kind of' look similar nowadays and i thought we where past this kind of argument .

From not having flown it i can't provide anymore input really apart from the start on the ridge is without doubt the best out there so something has obviously been designed differently ;-)

Back on topic again i have flown the hawk and while it is still a bit crinkly its not what the suits used to be and is a very fun suit...

hjumper33

Ok you win, but I'm still reading your posts with an awesome French accent in my head. Show me the videos of flying over the pillar at brevent and I'll agree it starts well.

Just ignore the taunting. :)
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

Stop trolling, just say thank you to frenchies for parachute, modern wingsuit (and independance) ;)
Anyway, it s not the same shape. Leg wing is wider, profile is thinner, etc.
The first to use Cup inlet, arm foam and poles storage is PF, In/out harness, pockets and neoprene sleeve is Tony... Squirrel is not the one to mention for "innovation", just the best for communication.
And about the performances, the guys i know who fly the ridge, coming from aura for most of them and they ALL have better start and better glide with the SFly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BepyTSzueno

And you can say thank you to America that you arent speaking German right now.

Im just playing around, im all for whatever progresses the sport. I do think that squirrel did do the innie outie first if i remember coorently though and tony offered to modify his suits after. Tony had neoprene sleeves, but the angled cut was squirrel, as well as the neoprene only at the end of the arm which the ridge looks to have as well. Tony made the cups, but squirrel put in the middle support that you see across the industry now. I do absolutely give tony/jeff the most credit of anyone for the development of the pretty standard shape of all the big mattress suits on the market now. The s-bird/x-bird are when things really changed.

I liked that s-fly suits were weird and french and awesone in their own way with the monowing and the crinkle fabric. I liken them to 70s citroens. Even the cruise screams s-fly, and is damned impressive when flown well. Seeing a very non traditionally s-fly appeaing s-fly suit to me would be like seeing a vampire without the hole in the leg wing, just wouldnt seem the same.

If you testfly suits from 1, 2 or 3 manufactorers, suits that appear to have the same inventions or just look alike, if you then find they are flying completely different, there would be no point really in saying this vendor put these things on their suits first. Similar looking suits from the vendors mentioned, flies surprisingly different. And this is when you find the suit that *you* like. Valid point IMO is that Tony apparently laid out the general overall cut of the bigsuits, then each vendor added nice things here and there that all the other vendors then say "hey that cool, I will do that also, but will tweak it and improve further". And thanks to the US, we now have germany leading the EU now (your comment is more hollywood thinking, whereas this saying is the reality) ;-)

hjumper33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BepyTSzueno

And you can say thank you to America that you arent speaking German right now.

I heard that 40 years during cold war and before internet in press, TV, radios.
Now we know that's soviet who wins WW2 (80% of german milary capability on east front)... That's means without US, today we drinks vodka before each jump ! B|

Excellent french article, (google translate is your friend):
https://www.les-crises.fr/la-fabrique-du-cretin-defaite-nazis/

Very true actually. Stalin vs hitler dick measuring contest in Stalingrad. Ruskies definitely don't get enough credit given the number of lives they lost. I work in an er and had a gentleman who was 13 during d day and lived in Normandy, fascinating stories. Aren't we all just waiting for the Chinese to take over anyway?

Oh and again, not crinkly