DHemer

Wingsuit progression and beginner acro

B| I completed my FFC this weekend at a boogie and lucked out in finding a P3 that was pretty much a perfect fit in colours I like

Are there any resources similar to canopy progression skills (downsizing checklist) of things to practise with the wingsuit

The "Fly like a brick" videos cover a range of maneuverers I plan to start working on once I am more comfortable in the suit but was wondering if there are any other good links to check out for acro or general flying skills

I am excited to get up in the air and learning to fly this thing properly

One of the best things to do, is get a teammate.
It can be an absolute beginner or advanced jumper, but rest assured you'll both get eachothers skill level up.
After you pick a ridiculous teamname, having a teammate to train with, you'll learn to fly a consistent tempo, you will have a reference, and you can both work on repeat jumps, updating skill and perfecting moves. Something much harder to do with changing jump-buddies.

Im now at 3500 wingsuit jumps, and the phantom (or in my case, shadow) is still my favorite suit for acrobatics, and also the suit you'll see our team fly at the competition this year.
Though suits like the Havok have a big edge in performance, the slightly more agile frame of the Phantom/Shadow allows for transitions that are just a tad cleaner and faster.

The Pilot database mentioned above has a downloadable pdf that has a good step by step guide from basics to more advanced stuff, granted to keep you busy for a good quadruple dozen jumps.

And http://www.wingsuitcompetition.com/divepool.php also is a nice source for 'things to train' of course.

Important especially is to work on skills from the basics. I see a lot of people doing carving things or other advanced stuff, but having problems with certain moves/energy management. And often these problems are hard to fix, as they lie in the basics of their transitions, backflying etc. And they went into the faster and more agressive stuff, before properly mastering the basics. So take it step by step, enjoy every jump.

Acrobatics are more than just 'doing flippy stuff' as also for performance flying, speed, angle, and base (recovery, agility, flat turns, energy management) its THE best basis one can have, vs spending whole jumps 'planking' to focus on performance. Having a good time is the main key, and if you stick to acro, the skills will soar almost automatic...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Congrats on finishing your FFC and your suit purchase!

All of the advice here is great, and you're good at doing your homework so I have no doubt we're going to see you progress safely and with huge enjoyment.

Anytime you're headed up to Joburg, give me a shout and I'm more than happy to do some jumps with you working on acro basics.