Birdybirdy

SENA 20S bluetooth comunication device

My buddy and I use this version, mainly for WS, but it works on any skydive....we love them! It's great to communicate where each other may be on a jump (left/right/above/below), and it's also fun under canopy as well! Highly Recommended and very snag-free. I'll post a pic once I get home.

-ftp-

there is an even more slim version, I would highly recommend it, at least for motorcycle riding.

http://www.sena.com/product/smh10r/

yea but that thing is wired to a battery.
the 20s has an internal battery.
we have a bunch of florida wingsuiters using them.
great for XRW!!!!
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

lyosha

Does anyone know of an alternative that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Seems like a cool concept, but not $200 cool...

Unlike most overpriced skydiving equipment this device actually pretty accurately priced. The clarity on the 20s is more crisp than any phone conversation I've had and you can stream music via bluetooth with the push of a button. Plus the mile long distance is pretty impressive.

I wonder how long it is before they have a BSR on units like this similar to cameras that requires at least 200 jumps to operate.
B.A.S.E. #1734

nickfrey

I wonder how long it is before they have a BSR on units like this similar to cameras that requires at least 200 jumps to operate.

I was thinking the opposite, even AFF could benefit from the use of these. From exit to landing...

Sure all you need to hear is a student talking back or just scream. :D

nickfrey

I was thinking the opposite, even AFF could benefit from the use of these. From exit to landing...

Yeah I could see the benefits of having a one way communication from instructor to student for AFF jumps, it could make a world of difference if used properly.

The bigger issue which I was referring to would be the 50 jump wonders that want to strap these on go have a field day in the sky. :S
B.A.S.E. #1734

yes, she was wearing a mic. Communication worked very good, as long as you don't do a lot of bla bla and just stick to simple comands, such as slower, faster, steeper, next turn right of left etc.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch