That should save everyone some time.
Apex BASE

Bluhdow

People who fly Tony: "It's the best suit ever!"
People who fly Squirrel: "Get a Funk instead!"
People who fly PF: "Nothing beats a Havok Carve!"
People who fly 'Other': "Don't forget about 'Other!'

That should save everyone some time.

You wingsuiters are a hoot......ha...get it? "Hoot"? Cause, owls hoot, owls are birds, yall are birdmen.....huhhhh I'll leave now.

AZskies

Hello, Ive heard great things about this suit from two trusted friends. I was looking to get any other info or opinions on the suit.

Does the suit make the pilot or does the pilot makes the suit?

https://instagram.com/p/3yKYaksxLQ/

Travis Mickle has been flying one for a little over a year now. A couple of weeks ago he did a backfly XRW dock where the canopy pilot surfed his chest. I had flown some with Travis before he had the suit and after he got it, I have just observed how he has progressed in it. The fact that he has continued to fly it when he could be flying about any Tonysuit that he wanted, should tell you something about what he thinks of the suit.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

normiss

Wasn't that a suit that Jeff designed?
I didn't think it was generally available.

We should have a wingsuit forum for these discussions.
:P

Jeff didn't design the Foghead. It was named in honor of him as a tip of the hat to the influence he did have with TonySuits and some of the ground breaking suits he and Tony worked on together.

The suit is great, and compares well to the Havoc, Carve and Funk. As mentioned before, it will probably come down to brand loyalty more than anything else. That seems fair when all else is equal. Of course it is made in the USA which counts for a lot with some people.

The project name was R2B2, but the production name is Foghead.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

pms07

Is the Foghead available to purchase? Tony's webpage doesn't show that model...

Yes. They haven't updated their website yet.

I was told to use the R-bird 2 form and prominently note that it's for a Foghead instead in the "Notes" section.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

I was very impressed with Lori Butz' flights in the Foghead at the World Cup in Netheravon last month. Seems to be a very cool mid-range suit.

The Foghead is more akin to the PF Ghost3 than to the Havoc (The Havoc has no grippers whereas the Foghead does).

I love my Carve:P

What is the range of the Foghead? Is it closer to a Funk or a Colugo 2?

I have flown Hatch, Swift, Funk, I-bird, T-bird, R-bird. I want something bigger and faster that can be used on its back and might have the possibility to hang with the big boys. Too bad you can't rent one first so I could compare myself.

Bigger than a funk and smaller than a collugo two....

It will have less performance in terms of forward speed than the collugo 2

About the same range in float although some pilots can probably float more on a foghead.

Acrobatics the foghead will be better.

rbignon

Bigger than a funk and smaller than a collugo two....

It will have less performance in terms of forward speed than the collugo 2

About the same range in float although some pilots can probably float more on a foghead.

Acrobatics the foghead will be better.

I owned a Funk that I did a bunch of jumps on. I've been jumping a Carve regularly for the last couple months. I bought a Foghead, which I received yesterday. I'll let you know how it compares to the others as soon as I've had a chance to put a five or eight jumps in (hopefully this weekend, but the weather in my area looks questionable).
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

I don't have that much wingsuit experience, but it is by far the coolest suit I've ever flown. I did a big suit flock with it last jump, flying with two other auras and had no problem doing it. They weren't diving either...I've also flown with P3's and smaller suits, that being a little more difficult.

Glide and speed is very impressive. This suit right now is not receiving the attention it deserves.

Thanks for the link. I knew the suit was in memory of Jeff, just did not know how the name related to him.

From tonysuits via blueskiesmag:

The what?
Let us explain. “Neblekopf” directly translated from German is “foghead” (Nebel = fog, Kopf = head). We chose this name from the Name That Suit competition, as a tribute to our dearly departed friend, Jeff Neblekopf.
Jeff was more than just a friend. His help at TonySuits was invaluable. Working closely with Tony over 10 years, Jeff assisted in the designing and development of wingsuits.
It was during this time that he discovered the German meaning of his last name, which quickly became an affectionate nickname, and then the name of the studio where he showcased his artwork. And now the name of our newly released intermediate suit.

It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

The Freak looks like it has a longer tail wing than the Foghead and also more arm wing sweep. I own a Funk and think the Foghead compares very favorably. I will be interested in Jeff's comparison of the Foghead, Carve and Funk. In any case, I don't think you can go wrong with any of these 3 choices. A couple of things that may tilt that decision for some: full length versus PF style zippers, thumb loop versus grippers.

alygator

"full length versus PF style zippers"
Who can choose his wingsuit because of that? Really?

Pay attention: No one said to "choose his wingsuit because of that". It is a factor that some consider however and may help tilt the decision one direction or the other. Personally, I much prefer the full length zipper style on Tony and Squirrel suits but that would not stop me from jumping or owning a PF suit. I know others that prefer PF style...and I know others that don't give a shit what kind of zippers they have and jump both. YMMV...