SkyHookV3

New Canopy for WS

verticalflyer

Stryker

I am unexperienced (32 jumps), and have not flown a wing suit yet. But I can compare the Storm to the Spectre and the Sabre2 from a skydiving perspective - with 1.1 loading. I have jumped both before I bought my canopy. If you plan to load the canopies more heavily, your results may vary.

This is why I advise you demo them and speak to someone you can actually see and trust. Claiming you can compare 3 different canopy's when you have a grand total of 32 jumps which taking AFF and consols out would equate to 14 jumps is ridiculous. If you have 200+ jumps on each then you might be able to give a decent comparison but 14 really, unless your student kit happened to be a very Spectre or S2 or Storm which I doubt, so a massive 32 jumps experience.

jeez, lighten up man. he said he was inexperienced. just take his advise for what its worth and don't be a dick.

Hey man like way dude yeah just hang loose like and do what you feel. ETC what a load of crap. Implications of selecting the wrong canopy can be a lot more serious than falling off you BMX.

Lousy advice leads to lousy decisions and opens people up to accidents, saying you can compare 3 canopies after 32 jumps is total BS.

These forums are supposed to help people learn and discuss, if advice is total garbage its going to get pointed out.
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

I've been at this a very-long time (both skydiving and wingsuiting). I put over 2500 WS jumps on my Sabre2 97 with zero malfuntions, but keep it mind my rig has a long bridle and cut corners. I've also got two Storm 120's in my work rigs and LOVE them. I've got about 1000 jumps on the Storms.

I live in the desert now and would be VERY hesitant to buy a low-bulk canopy. They are simply too fragile for all the dirt and dust we have out here in Arizona.

SkymonkeyONE

I've been at this a very-long time (both skydiving and wingsuiting). I put over 2500 WS jumps on my Sabre2 97 with zero malfunctions, but keep it mind my rig has a long bridle and cut corners. I've also got two Storm 120's in my work rigs and LOVE them. I've got about 1000 jumps on the Storms.

I live in the desert now and would be VERY hesitant to buy a low-bulk canopy. They are simply too fragile for all the dirt and dust we have out here in Arizona.

Thanks I didn't know that about the low-bulk. I was able to Demo a storm 170 at a boogie. I think I'll be going with the storm