jeffspicoli

A2 or C2

I'm curious: if you are looking to buy a suit for skydiving only, why are you limiting your options to Squirrel? Squirrel is a great company, and they make good products, but there are other manufacturers who make comparable suits.

Additionally, asking "what suit should I buy?" is hard to answer without knowing what you want to do with the suit. Are you looking for a suit for performance? Flocking? Aerobatics? XRW? Something else?

Edited to add: don't buy a suit you haven't flown. If you can't find a demo near you, look harder.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Skwrl

I'm curious:

Additionally, asking "what suit should I buy?" is hard to answer without knowing what you want to do with the suit. Are you looking for a suit for Flocking?

Edited to add: don't buy a suit you haven't flown. If you can't find a demo near you, look harder.

that all sounds good in theory but I found it it's hard in the real world when you're 6 foot 4 and 250 pounds somebody tell me that they have got a demo suit in that size. Please. Fingers crossed. But I'm not holding my breath
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

keithbar

*** I'm curious:

Additionally, asking "what suit should I buy?" is hard to answer without knowing what you want to do with the suit. Are you looking for a suit for Flocking?

that all sounds good in theory but I found it it's hard in the real world when you're 6 foot 4 and 250 pounds somebody tell me that they have got a demo suit in that size. Please. Fingers crossed. But I'm not holding my breath

Jason bresson might be someone for you to get in touch with keith. I missed you at fitz this year man!
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

roostnureye

****** I'm curious:

Jason bresson might be someone for you to get in touch with keith. I missed you at fitz this year man!

Totally agree on connecting with Bresson. He's probably thinner the you but as tall as you - all around he may be a larger guy than you (well, Lisa says he's larger than anybody, but she may be biased), and he is a hell of a pilot - on the inaugural US Wingsuit performance team.

I own a C2 and have flown an A2 proto. The C2 is less work. The A2 had an incredible pop but was also heavier on the arms. I got my A2 today. I shall put some jumps on it and report back. What are you trying to do? The C2 is a really great package.

They both have a ton of forward speed - that's what they're made for. As such, they're more difficult to fly XRW with than other floatier suits. That forward speed also needs to be kept in check when flying with other big suits. I think the question comes more down to your skill level relative to your intended use.

surfers98

They both have a ton of forward speed - that's what they're made for. As such, they're more difficult to fly XRW with than other floatier suits. That forward speed also needs to be kept in check when flying with other big suits. I think the question comes more down to your skill level relative to your intended use.

I think that's a good way of putting it. It's not that you can't do XRW or flocking with them (lots of people do), but there are comparable suits that will make it easier for a pilot to do so.

Agreed.
Ive done a lot of XRW jumps flying with Aura's, Rebel's & Venom Powers (i fly the Tony suits, my mates fly the others) and all suits can handle it but I would have to say that the X3/Rebel's and the V Power seem to handle the slow forward speed of XRW a little better than the Aura (just my opinion, please no death threats from the Squirrel fan-club...).
I personally fly an X3 & Rebel 3 for XRW and big suit flocking/camera and find them to bloody awesome suits.
Not sure why you'd only be asking about the C2 & A2 though? the C2 isn't even the same class of suit anyway. Im sure super lightweight, skygods could do XRW in the C2 but for us mere mortals it would be pretty hard in my opinion. Don't discount the Tony Suit Rebel2 (or 3...) or the Venom Power either, both are perfect suits for what you are wanting to do in my opinion :)

I was at the DZ the other week.jumping my tony suit Raptor and a young w/s Jumper said damn! that suit is a part of history. and I said shit. while turning around.
what about the rig? A velcro. 1988 Talon 1. with a safire 1 229. And raven 3. that's history.:P

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

keithbar

I was at the DZ the other week.jumping my tony suit Raptor and a young w/s Jumper said damn! that suit is a part of history. and I said shit. while turning around.
what about the rig? A velcro. 1988 Talon 1. with a safire 1 229. And raven 3. that's history.:P

Indiana says... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-abUtRbUS_U?rel=0&autoplay=1

hey man give me a call sometime area code 615 428 3580 or shoot me a PM and give me your number I've got a couple of wingsuit and Base specific questions I'd like to ask you