splat123

Havoc- Havoc Carve ?

The suit has had a lot of subtle updates from an aerodynamics pov, resulting in better low drag characteristics. Meaning sharper handling, and (be it subtle) an increase in performance, without doing so with a 'bigger is better' type of mindset.

That said, both the older havok and the new carve are killer suits for acrobatics and backflying.

Here's a nice all Havok flock (mixed Carve and 'classic' Havoks)

Youtube
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I feel the Carve is a bit to big for me I think, or maybe to much to handle as I am quite skiny and don't have to much muscle. Also, I've never been a big fan of large suits. Maybe it's the fit that's a bit to big, I don't know really. When I fly with the normal Havocs of two specific good friends of mine, I notice that they (their normal Havocs) are much more manoeuvrable then my own Havoc Carve. I have a much greater feeling of control and agility over the suit. Also, the Normal Havocs are, again in my own experience, more reactive when flying on the belly. But who flies a Havoc on his/her belly right? :) Also, when I jump my own Havoc Carve, at opening I need to do a kind of weird movement, otherwise often I experience funky openings or twists. I haven't had twists or bad/weird openings in over 400-500 jumps, except with those Carve openings. If I jump the normal Havocs of my friends this is not an issue at all. I mean, the Havoc Carve is absolutely a very nice suit, I'm not trying to diss that model or anything! I just prefer to fly with the normal ones for reasons stated above. As for jump numbers, I don't really keep count of how many jumps I have on any given suit, but if I'd venture a guess, I'd say I have about 100-150 jumps on my Carve and about 25 on the normal Havocs of my friends.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

hundreds of jumps on the Havok and did aprox 30'ish on the Carve. They look pretty much the same on the ground indeed. In the air the feel is very different. The good old Havok is gentle and forgiving, the Carve is like a pumped competition-thing, it upped quite a bit in performance (at least 20%) due to thicker wings and a refined profile. The legwing area is what I felt as the biggest difference btw the 2 suits, the org. Havok a bit sluggish and the Carve reacting immediately to input, but it wants a specific feet angling kind of "duckfeet position". Both suits are top suits. My 2 cents.