DHemer

PF Arrow and MonoTrack

We're currently extensively testing both suits, internally within our team, as well as externally using talented body pilots (trackers and ws flyers) in skydive and base. We've been further refining low drag characteristics and speed/glide performance on both.
More info and pix soon. Super excited..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

We've got a crew of french groundskimming trackers that have been testing the suit the last 6 months, with tweaks and design input based on their flying. We have arrived at a model which we see as 'final', so we're now in processof last checks/testing before we go live.

Pix and video will follow in the coming 1,5 month. We're taking our time, as we like every product to be well tried and tested. But she's a beauty..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Our testing crew took the new Arrow to the WWL qualifications in Norway 2 weeks ago and (most of us with only 1 or 2 jumps on the suit) out of the top 16, 8 PF pilots where flying the arrow. Including the first and 3rd place. Its a fast suit....sleek and optimized for high speed and low drag.

The suit has a good start, and is quite maneuverable. It has a slightly steeper trim. But many confuse this with 'steep angle suit' where flattening the suit out, there is still plenty of flare, and I've (since WWL) even managed to do an XRW jump with it. The suit will fly anywhere within a normal max glide angle, and steep/diving angle. But its most fun at around 1.6 to 2 glide ratios, where the suit goes balistic in speed.

Not a lot of footage out there yet, as its not out there for official release (though those eager to order, we will be able to cater to ones needs). But here is a brief bit from South Africa last month, Im flying the Arrow (black suit), and its nice maneuvering and speed can already been seen a bit here and there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDZptpmvo4

Mono PTS will also show up with more information soon, but testing, testing and refining is always our priority.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Just out of curiosity, since I don't BASE, I'm under the impression tracking suits are, while fun, more of a "let me get some separation from this object kind of thing." When they get so big and efficient that they are in the beginner/intermediate WS range, why not just wear a WS? Seems like if you want to fly that hard and far then the WS would be a better gear choice. Like why build a crazy fast go-cart when you can just take an ok car and go much faster/farther?

I'm being genuine in my question, not trolling, I honestly don't know and would like to hear the reasoning if there is one from BASE folks.

So i felt kind of the same was for a long time. Ive been thinking more and more about building a big one piece track suit lately. The ability to sprint off an exit is appealing, as well as the instant access to toggles, which is possible in most wingsuits too, but just a little less to think about in a track suit. Watching vince track to the LZ off the KL tower which was an almost identical distance as I flew a v3 there 7 years earlier was pretty eye opening. In reply to your "since I dont BASE", then yes I kind of agree that i dont see a big point in skydiving a track suit as opposed to getting a phantom or the like.

There is a small part of it too thats kind of cool when you can say "my gocart is faster than your car".

I can see the appeal of "doing more with less" kind of thing.

Are there any other advantages or is the start different/better in some instances? Like are there any exits where a ws is feasible but a tracksuit is a better choice? (not where a ws is just a bad idea, e.g. high ultimate)

I agree, big track suits for skydiving are just silly. I can see some use for them but it quickly turns into "just put on a ws." (not counting practicing for BASE or just doing it because someone likes it of course).

For me tracking suit is the way to go when I want to have some fun with flips, gainers etc and at the and still get some separation from the object.

For flying (since I suck at tracking ;) ) I use WS

EDIT: and also, for me one-piece TS is just cheating :)

Wingsuit itself adds variables like exit technigue, pull and few other details. Some people dont want to take those excess risks.

I dont get the whole "onepiece is cheating" attitude some people have. Cheating on who? Yourself? Sametime everybody is allways telling that "you should basejump only for yourself. Not for youtube. Basejumping should never be competing, yada yada yada". Well i want to fly further and im just a shitty tracker. If i can fly further in onepiece without sacrificing safety, why wouldn't I? Cause everybody else will ignore my tracking in "little piece of shit wingsuit"? Thats fine for me if im having more fun than before.

But then again, i just ordered a masai ;)

Sorry, my bad :)
But anyway, tracking suits have came to the same point as wingsuits. Flying with Aura is pretty different than Phantom, so to each his own

EDIT: to compensate for sensless off-topic discussion, attached photo.

Just out of curiosity, since I don't BASE, I'm under the impression tracking suits are, while fun, more of a "let me get some separation from this object kind of thing."

For most people yeah. But if you work enough at it, proximity tracking or tracking short starts is a-fucking-mazing.

It's just a different feeling, always fast and much more of a knife edge than flying a wingsuit.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?