CCGV19

Hatch vs Swift

Ok so I have done some initial wing suit jumps on a Wicked WingSuit Rental and worked with a coach at Zhills for wing suit. I made 7 jumps. Am I better off renting again and getting wing suit jump count up from 7 to 50 ish? or buying a Hatch or Swift?

I want to keep the suit for a while and I don't want something thats too big bc that can cause issues if I'm not jumping it all the time.If I decided to sell it down the road i would like to get some money back for it. I want to fly with friends but also really want to back fly and do some flips and docks. So a little bit of everything. I have been told its better to get a beginner suit and learn to fly the piss out of it and get really good at flying then down the road decide on bigger suits etc.

Is this good advice and do you recommend a Hatch vs a Swift. I plan on having the suit for a while.

Thanks fellow squirrel friends.

I'd get the Swift. From what I understood Hatch is made for first flights (not only, but mainly). With Swift you'll have broader range which can help when you fly together with Funks or Havocs.

And it's not that big that you wouldn't be able to fly it after a longer break.

Bealio

I think a swift would sell easier. It's easy to fly. The new phantom is coming out soon as well, so that's something to consider.

I was a slow learner the first few jumps, rented an Ibird for 26 jumps, and went to an Rbird. For normal flocking that suit is as big as I need and I plan to wear it out. I have had it for almost 2 years and 200+ jumps on it, and still loving it. Those "just above beginner suits", to me, have little use.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

dthames

Those "just above beginner suits", to me, have little use.

Not if you really know how to fly them. I know many people that have several hundred WS jumps and keep on jumping suits in Phantom class and don't need anything bigger.

I don't think I would call the Swift, in any way, a "just above beginner suit". I have a bunch of jumps on the Swift and R-Bird both. They fly differently but are in the same class of suit and will deliver similar performance. Likewise, the Phantom is regarded by many as a great all around wingsuit. Any of the 3 would probably be a good all around skydiving wingsuit for flocking, acro, etc. YMMV...

skow

*** Those "just above beginner suits", to me, have little use.

Not if you really know how to fly them. I know many people that have several hundred WS jumps and keep on jumping suits in Phantom class and don't need anything bigger.

I was not putting the Phantom in that group. I have a great respect for the Phantom 2 and 3.

wasatchrider

You wouldnt put the phantom in that group but you would put the swift in it?

The O.P. said,

Am I better off renting again and getting wing suit jump count up from 7 to 50 ish? or buying a Hatch or Swift?

What I was trying to communicate was that if suit progression was from 1 to 5, then buying a 1 or a 2 level suit would not be my choice. I put the R-Bird in the 3 level, aligning with what the manufacture describes it as.

Each MFG describes their suits on their web site, as to how advanced they are. Often people's opinions vary.