flipwithit

first 10 jumps with the epicene

1000 wing suit jumps, give or take, on a sabre 1 120 packed into a NJK. the 150 fits PERFECT and i load it at 1.5. i packed the same way for every jump, also same pack job as the sabre 1. packed with a careless flake and a dressed center cell and 2 outer cells presented, slider even with the center cell, and about 3 twist of the tail.

every opening was on heading, every opening was very comfortable, and i was very happy with every landing, toggle response, riser response, harness response (better harness response than my sabre 1 120 at 1.8ish) and distance on landing when "swooped." noticeably less glide than the sabre 1 I'm used to BUT much better than a 120 or even 150 spectre. planing out on rear risers was predictable and easy. recovery arc is predictable but quick.

jump 1 in a funk, i took to a complete stall. the opening was super buttery and on heading. sniveled just as much as my sabre would at such low air speeds.

jumps 2-10 were in either funk or c2, i continued to increase air speed and had the exact same opening every jump. i always experienced a very comfortable sabre 1 like snivel. not a sabre 2, safire 2 or spectre etc snivel where you can look at the canopy and go wtf when are you going to open, but a gentle "stand up" followed by a couple shakes of the canopy and then a very comfortable inflation. feet never went above my head or anything like that. i don't miss my sabre 1 at all.

flipwithit

1000 wing suit jumps, give or take, on a sabre 1 120 packed into a NJK. the 150 fits PERFECT and i load it at 1.5. i packed the same way for every jump, also same pack job as the sabre 1. packed with a careless flake and a dressed center cell and 2 outer cells presented, slider even with the center cell, and about 3 twist of the tail.

every opening was on heading, every opening was very comfortable, and i was very happy with every landing, toggle response, riser response, harness response (better harness response than my sabre 1 120 at 1.8ish) and distance on landing when "swooped." noticeably less glide than the sabre 1 I'm used to BUT much better than a 120 or even 150 spectre. planing out on rear risers was predictable and easy. recovery arc is predictable but quick.

jump 1 in a funk, i took to a complete stall. the opening was super buttery and on heading. sniveled just as much as my sabre would at such low air speeds.

jumps 2-10 were in either funk or c2, i continued to increase air speed and had the exact same opening every jump. i always experienced a very comfortable sabre 1 like snivel. not a sabre 2, safire 2 or spectre etc snivel where you can look at the canopy and go wtf when are you going to open, but a gentle "stand up" followed by a couple shakes of the canopy and then a very comfortable inflation. feet never went above my head or anything like that. i don't miss my sabre 1 at all.

Thanks, interesting! Curious about other Wingsuit specific mods to gear? size of bridle? type of bag? ( stowed? semi-stowless? Freepacked? ) container? Model? Dynamic corners? Unstitched? any other wingsuit specific mods? Thanks,... B

bridle is 10' from pin to PC, 28" PC. container is a odyssey NJK with standard square tray, no dynamic corners. standard 3 grommet bag with standard rubber band stows...nothing ever double stowed. i do coil about the last 2 feet into the tray and i don't rotate the bag, bridle side is facing towards the sky.

cheers

so I've put quite a few more jumps on the canopy and my initial impressions haven't really changed. i've noticed (at 1 .4-5 loading) I'm enjoying the faster deployments. when i flare near stall, with the c2 and funk, i get a very soft snivel out of the canopy. i don't like that...just my preference. I have been getting consistent base like openings, with the epicene, while pitching in sustained max glide or a simple relaxed, neutral position. i no longer feel like i have to set my self up for a huge flare for a good deployment. just don't pitch in the middle of a top speed run, which isn't a good idea with any canopy.