roostnureye

Sebastian or Zhills for Christmas/New years.

If you want to stay east coast, both have nice boogies.

If you want to head west, I will be organizing WS at the Eloy Holiday Boogie. Otters, DC3, Skyvan tailgate, balloon and free beer.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

roostnureye

DC3?????? Sooo jealous!

Yup, for the cost of a regular jump ticket. They normally do one or two loads a day out of the 3 during the boogie.B|

Pretty cool that in a single day, you can do a balloon jump as load one, jump an Otter, do a gainer out of the back of the skyvan, a high altitude load and a sunset load out of the DC3.

Have you booked a ticket to PHX yet?

>:(

Jump an Infinity

The DC3 is not an ideal WS plane. It is fine for small flocks. The door is on the smaller side if you are used to an Otter. It isn't bad if you are used to a KA. But it is not unsafe. My most memorable jump out of it was the New Years eve midnight jump. It was number 666.

As long as exit and keep your wings closed until you see the horizontal stabilizer, the tail is far enough back.

Jump an Infinity

The111

******My understanding was multiple off-dz landings, a LOT of golf course landings, some injuries from the off landings.

Does "off landings" mean in the ocean?

Is there an ocean on the DZ?

Yep. Last year we were jumping over the water because the wind was so strong... There's an inlet and then a strip of land, but honestly I don't see how anyone could have landed in the water unless it was a beach jump...
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

Alexg3265

Is there an ocean on the DZ?

Yep. Last year we were jumping over the water because the wind was so strong... There's an inlet and then a strip of land, but honestly I don't see how anyone could have landed in the water unless it was a beach jump...

Nope.
near != on
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The mandatory D license for wingsuiting was implemented right after a very well known and loved wingsuiter went in this year. He held a D license and had more experience than anyone I know. Why Sebastian chose to ban low jump#s on wingsuits I do not know.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

I'm here at Sebastian now and have been for a week or so. Yes, they now ask that wingsuit jumpers have a D licence and deploy by 3,000 ft. I haven't had any problems though; the staff are their usual friendly selves and the vibe is quite relaxed.

Many DZs around the world have a 500 jump minimum so it's not that out of kilter, and no-one should really be deploying at less than 3,000ft without good reason on a normal wingsuit jump anyway.
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

Pendragon

I'm here at Sebastian now and have been for a week or so. Yes, they now ask that wingsuit jumpers have a D licence and deploy by 3,000 ft. I haven't had any problems though; the staff are their usual friendly selves and the vibe is quite relaxed.

Many DZs around the world have a 500 jump minimum so it's not that out of kilter, and no-one should really be deploying at less than 3,000ft without good reason on a normal wingsuit jump anyway.

yea, forget any first flight courses, coaching, or any wingsuiter that has less than 300 jumps
(that started wingsuiting at 200).
i love that dz and will be there this weekend of the 27-28.
i just wish they thought this out a little better before implementing it.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

Pendragon

The main reason I'm not going to Sebastian with my friends is that neither I nor my girlfriend could wingsuit there. Apparently even 200+ WS jumps isn't enough to satisfy the skygods there, while someone with 1 WS jump but 500 jumps total is "safer".

I was told by a friend that someone went in on a WS flight there because he didn't correctly buckle his leg straps causing the over-reaction by the owners. Whether true or not, I see no logical reason why a dropzone that offers AFF would be so draconian with regards to wingsuiting.