DSE

Wingsuit from Quebec

So, this may come as a surprise to many of you, but Alain made this a reality. The design has changed considerably, but the premise is the same. He is flying a rigid wing, wingsuit. He has done 5 or 6 test flights with a small amount of funding he received from a local investor, and his flights were done from a helicopter as the design is clearly not able to exit an aircraft.

Everyone doubted him, but he continues to improve the design and I can see it soon becoming a viable option for a small niche market in the sport. Right now, he's getting comparable flight times as most of the larger wingsuits (Apache/Jedei/X2 etc), however he expects to triple this time once the design is closer to "final".

I'll see if I can get a copy of the video from one of his test flights. It really is something to see.
"When once you have tasted flight..."

I wonder how many people frantically Googled about this guy last night to find "anything" about this. It seems so ludicrous that it can't possibly be true.

And.....it's not, or at least as far as I know. I was just trying to have a little fun and see if anyone actually believed that it could be possible. Sorry for having a giggle at this guys' expense, but I know that everyone knew this was impossible (at least with that design and this guy). I'm all for innovation, but I'm pretty sure that we're not going to see a chest mount saucer that turns into a wingsuit anytime soon.

I apologize for being a jerk...hehe
"When once you have tasted flight..."

I remember not long ago a guy started posting here who had strapped microjet turbines to a carbon fibre wing and was trying to take off with it by going down a makeshift runway on a skateboard.
Had video and everything. I thought it was pretty awesome actually, but the dude was fully about to die.