dmkellett

LEAD TIMES and poor customer service

schlie

@SionaSioux: Registered Jan 19th 2016. Still doing your AFF course? ;-)

No, I finished up a while back. Rained a lot but we got it done -- graduated four new instructors. Only had to send one home empty.

Und falls sie nicht wissen, Deutsch, es ist nicht zwingend dz.com beitreten wenn sie beginnen fallschirmspringen.

:o
Always remember the danger.

Never forget the fun!

verdi

picked up my Phoenix Fly Hunter today. Fits nicely.

Ordered 1st of May, delivered 25th of May. 3.5 weeks delivery time :-)

So i can't complain about lead times at all :-)

I helped a friend to order her PF Shadow, the order form was sent to PF on 12th of May. The reply was that the lead times is around 6weeks. Today I got a msg from Edo that UPS is trying to get in touch with the customer to set the delivery and the suit has already been in country for 2 days. So that´s 4,5 weeks of delivery time during the prime season here in Europe.
http://www.ufufreefly.com

My personal experience.
PF Hunter ordered 16/5/16, quoted 6 weeks.
Delivered 24/6/16
Fits perfectly with excellent workmanship throughout.

I am not a PF "fanboy", just thought I would share my experience.

Fordy

Enjoy what you fly.
Fordy

I am not in rush with PF Mono. Mono has been close to be offered to market but I decide to put it on pending despite of very nice performance as I was not entirely happy with overall design. I am going to make it to fly and look better and for sure different than Masai and its imitation.
I have no reason to rush as the people who trust in PTS trust in PF Mono already. I follow my own way and not the noise from internet...
Robert Pecnik
[email protected]
www.phoenix-fly.com

This is my Squirrel VS PF experience

I live close to Chamonix and made friends with a lot of Squirrel coaches/flyers so when it was time to order my suit I went for a Swift 2. One of their coaches took my measurements.

Suit arrived in 6 weeks, as stated by squirrel at time of order.

Fit of the suit was horrible, being especially way too short on legs which made flights difficult.

Anyways, flew it a bunch and some friends and I decided we wanted to get some Epicenes and Freaks. We contacted Squirrel and asked what kind of deal we could get ouf of a single $15,000 order.
Got an email back from Mike explaining that their margin is almost nothing and bla bla bla. Squirrel gives $200 back to their coaches when their name appears on the order, so I guess they make at least $200 profit per suit, right ?

In the end we got discounted SkySnatches and free shipping. A mere 4% discount.

Then it was time to give em some money, and since they don't accept bank transfers (wake th f^ck up guys, seriously), we had to call our bank to raise the credit card limit just for this one time and bla bla bla

I got my wingsuit stolen out of my car after having it for a month. I emailed Mike and asked if they could make me the exact (except for legs) same one and if they could, maybe do me a favor by jumping the line since I had already waited 6 weeks for the first one, and that we just placed an order worth 15 grand.

Squirrel basically told me it sucked but I had to wait just like everyone else. So I cancelled all my orders.

I then went to PF for a PTS and a Havok.

Both were built in 2/3 the timeframe they gave me at first, both fit perfect, I was able to get the VAT back which is nice.

So eff no, Squirrel is NEVER seeing a dime from me again.
Better be on the ground wishing you were up there than being up there wishing you were on the ground.

yvanpec

You seem to be getting pissed for all the wrong reasons.

They fulfilled your order and gave you a free pilot chutes.
Not their fault your WS got stolen, everyone in line would have to wait a little bit longer to get your order out early.

I like companies that treat everyone equally. Every freebie and rush order that high maintenance entitled people like you get, other jumpers have to pay for and wait for.

I cant believe a huge company wouldnt completely change a bunch of their business practices and do personal favors for someone they dont know! And you have to wait 6 whole weeks for a custom wingsuit and canopy??? Youre right, the fact that they expect to make a profit off a suit is bullshit. Im sure Robi gave you a nice discount when you told him who you were.

Ah millenials. I remember when (regardless of any brand) you had to wait a minimum of 3-4 months for a new wingsuit, and you were stoked as shit when you got it.

*Edited to add. Writing that last line made me flash back to 2004 and waiting eagerly for 4 months for my new birdman PANTZ to arrive and being so excited when they came that I wore them for the rest of the night. (Enthusiasm slightly dampened several months later when I finally had to admit they have similar flight characteristics to the jeans that BM currently produces)

Edited to add. Writing that last line made me flash back to 2004 and waiting eagerly for 4 months for my new birdman PANTZ to arrive and being so excited when they came that I wore them for the rest of the night. (Enthusiasm slightly dampened several months later when I finally had to admit they have similar flight characteristics to the jeans that BM currently produces)

But you could learn to free-fly head down in them!B|

:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Yvan,

very disappointed to hear this, specially on a forum.

You might have forgot to mention that I accepted your wire transfer, and personally delivered the suit to your shop so that you could escape some additional charges. In addition, as your dealer I offered you a complimentary coaching session - that you never followed through with. I think it would be fair to say you got good pre and post order service.

The fit looked great when you tried it on in front of me, but perhaps an oversight on my part- though doubtful. I'm sorry you didn't like the fit, but even more disappointed after all of our exchanges you never mentioned this to me. It could have been an easy fix (free) and only taking a few hours.

*edited to add:
Another few details you also forgot to mention is that I also offered you a sky rig to use, the use of a demo Swift 2, and between Roch and I, hours were happily spent gently advising you how to more safely start your BASE adventure.

hjumper33

*Edited to add. Writing that last line made me flash back to 2004 and waiting eagerly for 4 months for my new birdman PANTZ to arrive and being so excited when they came that I wore them for the rest of the night.

Dude, if you still have the Pantz around and they are in some kind of airworthy condition, I´m willing to swap them for coordinates of handful of very secret and exclusive SD jumps around CH! Contact me for details! :D
http://www.ufufreefly.com

maretus

*Edited to add. Writing that last line made me flash back to 2004 and waiting eagerly for 4 months for my new birdman PANTZ to arrive and being so excited when they came that I wore them for the rest of the night.

Dude, if you still have the Pantz around and they are in some kind of airworthy condition, I´m willing to swap them for coordinates of handful of very secret and exclusive SD jumps around CH! Contact me for details! :D

Bring him to the Zürich SD 42 meter cliff jump ;)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch