dmkellett

LEAD TIMES and poor customer service

Thijs

Have you tried contacting someone directly at PF? [email protected]

I ordered a Havok at the end of February and should have it here by the end of the month.

Vampire lead times are usually unconnected to lead times for any other suits, as they're made in a different place.

Edit: Flusspirat (Urs?) I ordered mine on the 3rd of Nov and apparently it's been dispatched earlier this week.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

High volume of orders mean longer lead times. Its a high quality custom made product, and we can't bang out 500 a week. The Vampire SU and Alpine are hugely popular, so at around 14 weeks lead time. The production line is seperate from all other suits, which are at a 5-6 week leadtime (from order to doorstep).
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

mccordia

High volume of orders mean longer lead times. Its a high quality custom made product, and we can't bang out 500 a week. The Vampire SU and Alpine are hugely popular, so at around 14 weeks lead time. The production line is seperate from all other suits, which are at a 5-6 week leadtime (from order to doorstep).

Out of curiosity, why the separate manufacturing?

The seperate production line is due to the more complex construction on the vampire, taking almost double the construction time, which would already strain the normal production queue.
The popularity of the suit also leads to such a high volume of orders that it would push the whole production queue back. So they are kept seperate.

The workers at PF have been with Robert for over 16 years, from the BM area and are highly trained/skilled at what they do. Robert is in the factory 5 days a week (6 during busy times) doing hands on design, assisting and checking up on production.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I ordered two suits from Phoenix Fly (Shadow & Hunter) to add to my wingsuit arsenal. These being my first two suits from them I had some doubts when readings post such as this. Despite that - I was extremely pleased with the order from start to finish. Received the suits 5 weeks after ordering. I ordered through none other than Jarno and received excellent communication/customer service. I haven't had a chance to fly the suits yet but I'm excited to. They are extremely well built and super light weight (parapack). Just posting on here to say I didn't experience any of the negative stuff talked about in this post. :)

poor excuses.

i emailed twice recently to simply ask what the sizing on my WS was because i was trying to sell it to a person who asked about my original measurements........... no response, ever. This is the 4th time i have ever emailed PF as a (prior) customer - and i have never ever received a response

shit response, from a shit company.
Why are people still ordering from PF, its 2016 not 2005......
gravity brings me down.........

So you did get a response so why come here and try and spread BS. I have bought from Birdman, Tonysuits, Jii wings and PF had a good experience with all of them. As everyones aware any company has challenges from time to time with build time generally due to excess surge demand for new suits and high volumes. They cant simply outsource as the skills take time to replicate and if quality dropped it would hurt them. So they have to balance stock volume against custom builds and risk of delay. Basic logistics and market vs skils pool dictates. But coming on here shouting doesnf really change much. Those who are truely inept fall under the bus. People dont pay good money repeatedly for poor service. So if any company is consistently rubbish it will go under. Anyway enough of this just looking forward to my new wing arriving.B|

Dont just talk about it, Do it!

my experience with squirrel:

ordered my funk2 on march 7th.
delivered on april 13th (incl. shipping with fedex to germany)
emails were answered very friendly,
immediate or max after 6h in my case
very professional order process and payment
changes of the order and of some measurements : no problem
really happy with that
:)

The clincher for me was having Mike@squirrel agree to refund my money if the canopy i bought didnt fit into my rig. It did fit (and I love the canopy). As an aside, a manufacturer who I had previously bought a ws from didnt reply to 2 emails or a post to their FB page about an upgrade to existing suit. Simple email reply cost them an order as I changed manufacturer...... Go figure.

Ordered my Havok Carve on March 4th. Delivered on April 15th. So 6 weeks order to delivery, and since my order was part of a group order it probably took the dealer some extra time to collect all the orders before sending it to the factory.
Ready for the new season now :)

skyline.xxl

my experience with squirrel:

ordered my funk2 on march 7th.
delivered on april 13th (incl. shipping with fedex to germany)

My Squirrel WS order was placed 10 days after yours, it is due to be delivered 33-38 days after yours based on their email estimates, should I assume their lead times jumped 25 days over a 10 day period or that I was unlucky with the materials I chose?

Phoenix Fly customer service is just crap. So I happily switched to Squireel even though I ordered my first suits back in 2007 from Phoenix Fly. Never regret the decision. Phoenix Fly has never and will never be a premium brand. :-)

schlie

Phoenix Fly has never and will never be a premium brand. :-)

Because putting a smiley at the end makes it alright?

Enjoy your new suit , I'm all for trying different brands etc theres no need for the majority of us to be steadfast supporters of a particular brand ... but that sign off comment is just ridiculous .

Why is it that a new ws manufacturer on the block always results in a one-sided online "war" with PF ?

Let me put it like that. I am a brand and marketing consultant for years and years now. I have consulted mayor corporations globally from automotive to financial services to FMCG. When I make a statement on brands I usually get a lot of money for that. So it was an assessment free of costs for you. ;-) Enjoy your PF suit.

schlie

Let me put it like that. I am a brand and marketing consultant for years and years now. I have consulted mayor corporations globally from automotive to financial services to FMCG. When I make a statement on brands I usually get a lot of money for that. So it was an assessment free of costs for you. ;-) Enjoy your PF suit.

Just because Jarno is an overbearing pompous ass does't mean you have to act like one too, O Great and Powerful Brand and Marketing Consultant. :-)
Always remember the danger.

Never forget the fun!