dmkellett

LEAD TIMES and poor customer service

hjumper33

Half are young guys who wanted to BASE jump, and half are middle aged and love to tell people how to do stuff (and post on this site)

Given that you´re actually no spring chicken anymore, one cannot but wonder to which one of the categories above are you putting yourself in? :D
http://www.ufufreefly.com

There is nothing challenging/cool about skydiving with a wingsuit. You are just justifying yourself for not being able to fly headdown and swooping the pond.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Dunning and Kruger proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:

fail to recognize their own lack of skill;
fail to recognize genuine skill in others;
fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy;
recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill, if they are exposed to training for that skill.[4]

Spend that 1500 dollar on a wind tunnel and learn how to fly your body.

Only $1500?

Haha despite the the fact that I've been around for a while, and can actually remember jumping side mount mini dv camcorders and not having YouTube to post to, I'm only 30, so I still put myself in the young guy range :D. Shouldn't you be out building ice caves during your 3 hours of daylight right now Markus :)

.I can't swoop or freefly. Jarno would school my ass in acro. Uli has way bigger nuts than me. Guess the point your trying to make is everything is what u put into it...which I agree.

Its 75 and sunny in Socal, Markus...Rami has been enjoying himself :) no ice caves needed

I just recently purchased a Squirrel Swift. My experience:

From start to finish it took 5 weeks to get the suit.
No problems with the fit or quality.
Customer service responded to all my questions within 24 hours (most of the time within 4 hours via email)
Customer service updated me on the status (shipping, off to QA for inspections, etc... ) without me inquiring.
They set expectation correctly from the start and followed through.

I would recommend them.

EWRookie

I just recently purchased a Squirrel Swift. My experience:

From start to finish it took 5 weeks to get the suit.
No problems with the fit or quality.
Customer service responded to all my questions within 24 hours (most of the time within 4 hours via email)
Customer service updated me on the status (shipping, off to QA for inspections, etc... ) without me inquiring.
They set expectation correctly from the start and followed through.

I would recommend them.

I had the same experience buying a suit from them. I bought a suit recently from a "different" wingsuit manufacturer and was quoted a delivery date and was off by almost a month. That is understandable, but I didn't know it was delayed and never received any kind of update. It's pretty cool having an innovative wingsuit company like Squirrel, who has the customer service of L&B. When these products are in the $2000ish range, it's a pretty big commitment for most people and annoys me when I have no idea what is going on. I am sticking with Squirrel from here on out, it does make that big of a difference to me.

Just adding to the list. Ordered a Colugo 2 in July, 4 weeks and 4 days from order to delivery (exactly as quoted). Communication via e-mail was excellent, always had a thorough reply within 24hrs. Nice update when it was finished that it would ship on x date and arrive on x date as well.