dmkellett

LEAD TIMES and poor customer service

michalm21

That must be why there more PF suits around than any other. Maybe the other guys should release a "total flop" maybe that would help them out Crazy

You laugh now, but Squirrel is a brand new company taking dropzones by storm. Just wait 2-3 more years - you will hardly see any PF products on the US dropzones if the pattern continues....

read my post further up!

the same thing was said when tony "attacked" with his flying matresses..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

virgin-burner

That must be why there more PF suits around than any other. Maybe the other guys should release a "total flop" maybe that would help them out Crazy

You laugh now, but Squirrel is a brand new company taking dropzones by storm. Just wait 2-3 more years - you will hardly see any PF products on the US dropzones if the pattern continues....

read my post further up!

the same thing was said when tony "attacked" with his flying matresses..

when the "best wing suit pilots in the world" show up at an event and 80% of them are in TS's or Squirrels....

im not saying PF is going anywhere. they finally have big suits that are every bit as good as the competition (original venom and viper are okay at best) but they need to up their business model now, and the consumers are making that very clear.

when the "best wing suit pilots in the world" show up at an event and 80% of them are in TS's or Squirrels....

Right... if you have an invitational event, who's inviting and who gets invited? It's not a random cross section of top level pilots.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Right... if you have an invitational event, who's inviting and who gets invited? It's not a random cross section of top level pilots.

so are you trying to tell me that tony and matt were the ones inviting people? because i know thats not the case, and that brand loyalty had nothing to do with who was there and who wasn't.

Well, considering that there are 4 major players in the market 20% share isn't wildly off of the average.

That said, these manufacturers all take turns leapfrogging one another. Once the V-Race and V-Power get out into the world we'll see a ton of them. Then Tony will come up with something new and they'll make their way around. Then Squirrel will update it's lineup and so on and so fourth.

The question we keep asking WS manufacturers is, "What have you built for me lately?"

I think that PFs big advantage over the competition is how agile all of their suits are (excluding the Viper). To me, agility and precise flying is the number one safety feature on a suit. PF seems to do this better than anyone else.

That said, my V-Power lead time is getting longer by the second.
Apex BASE

flipwithit

so are you trying to tell me that tony and matt were the ones inviting people? because i know thats not the case, and that brand loyalty had nothing to do with who was there and who wasn't.

no, matt and tony are the ones handing out suits like candy; i'd probably take a suit when i got one for free, wouldnt you?

besides all that, say, phoenix-fly were to go out of buisness, from who would the other manufacturers make their copies from!?

that would really suck for all wingsuit-manufacturers and wingsuiters!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Bluhdow

Well, considering that there are 4 major players in the market 20% share isn't wildly off of the average.

That said, these manufacturers all take turns leapfrogging one another. Once the V-Race and V-Power get out into the world we'll see a ton of them. Then Tony will come up with something new and they'll make their way around. Then Squirrel will update it's lineup and so on and so fourth.

The question we keep asking WS manufacturers is, "What have you built for me lately?"

I think that PFs big advantage over the competition is how agile all of their suits are (excluding the Viper). To me, agility and precise flying is the number one safety feature on a suit. PF seems to do this better than anyone else.

That said, my V-Power lead time is getting longer by the second.

i only saw 3 manufacturers at the races. but like i said earlier, i grew up on PF stuff. i converted to tony because the apache x, when handled correctly, was every bit as agile as a v4 with way more range. now i fly squirrel, because the squirrels i own are way more intuitive than the tonys i owned.

this conversation is no longer about who's suit is better. they are all neck and neck with each other, no if ands or buts. if you say otherwise you haven't flown them all. this thread is about what are you going to order and why. chances are, for a consumer, its going to be the company that has the best PR and actually responds to emails.

tozer

Lol. That reply just won the Internet !
You in marketing? You should be :)

Kinda sorta... I'm the communications officer for a nonprofit.

But my services are definitely still for hire if it means I get free schwag from one of the wingsuit manufacturers. I don't care which one - I'll happily shill for whoever is the highest bidder...

(Although now that I think about it I might be partial to Squirrel just because they are basically a one stop shop for everything. So Gerdes! If you're following this thread - I'm offering you full rights to use the slogan "so little drag even Fred Phelps approves" to advertise for the colugo2 if you give me a strong light, an ibex, a C2, a funk, a sumo and one of them epicenes. And throw in a few copies of the great book of base so that I can be extra prepared to take all that free schwag off a cliff.)

And wow. The whole internet. I'm speechless. I guess I'll put it into my trophy case next to my varsity curling team memorabilia from high school and numerous baton twirling championship plaques from college.

Sorry dude, I mistook you for someone else. My bad.

Anyway, I'm not saying that Matt and Tony were in charge of invites, I am saying that it's not a pure cross section of the best pilots.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Sorry dude, I mistook you for someone else. My bad.

Anyway, I'm not saying that Matt and Tony were in charge of invites, I am saying that it's not a pure cross section of the best pilots.

i agree, and quite frankly, i think wingsuit competition is a PR stunt, were not criminals for base, blah blah blah sponsors look at this (i don't have sponsors, which is why I'm sitting here being direct in such a way that would make them face palm.) but like i said in my last post, i truly believe PF is right there with the compeition when it comes to big suits. they have always dominated the havoc and smaller suits, but now they just need to work on their customer service. squirrel had inquired, received, fixed and returned my aura in the amount of time that i usually receive a return email from PF. they need to step up their customer service and i believe they will.

flipwithit

***Sorry dude, I mistook you for someone else. My bad.

squirrel had inquired, received, fixed and returned my aura in the amount of time that i usually receive a return email from PF. they need to step up their customer service and i believe they will.

That is the reason I canceled my Havok Carve and ordered a Funk. I just want to get my toys asap when I have money ready for it. Wingsuits arent custom made Ferrari's, Lambo's and GTR's - we shouldn't wait weeks for an email and months for a suit...

Wow.....Comparing the "who sucks the most RedBull ass so they can get invited to their private event" list to whether or not a particular brand of wingsuits is "better" or not because of their lead time just summed this thread up for me.

Unbelievable.

PS: somebody shoot me a message when things really heat up.

Bealio

For those that are wondering how Squirrel lead times are now:

Ordered Swift on October 15th.
Delivered on December 5th.

:D

awesome, you just won the dick measuring contest!
i'm so happy for you..

still i prefer my stuff to be made by adults.
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda