uberchris

colugo 2

whos flown it?
would it be safe to compare the colugo2 to the colugo, as the scorpion is compared to the s-bird?

is it fast as shit? less surface area but the only info ive read is on their website. just wondering if anyone has flown it much
gravity brings me down.........

to sum up whats below
c2 vs aura (because i was never a c1 fan)
pros
-more nimble
-more intuitive
-less demanding physically
-faster acceleration and higher top speed with an AMAZING flare.

cons
-noticeably slower starts comapred to the aura yet still good.
-sustained glide ratio isnt as good, however the speed generated is potential for insane temporary glide for separation before pull time. sustained glide is still very good.

the c2 is a completely different animal compared to the c1.
i did less than 20 jumps in a c1, before the aura came out, and never felt as comfortable in that suit as i did with the c2 after 1 jump, or the aura for that matter..
the c2 feels, to me, like a faster, more nimble aura with an easier flare/dont have to be as aggressive with it to get a monster flare. also easier on the shoulders.
its downside, compared to the aura, is SLIGHTLY less glide and a slower start in the base environment, not much but noticable.
one of the most noticeable characteristics is the acceleration of the suit. when flying with my buddy in our auras, im able to pull away from him at a steady pace (yeah im fatter than him.) when im flying the c2 i instantly put a sizeable distance between us and then continue to pull away.
the c2 is my new go to skydiving suit, but im not a flocker type, i wanna go fast and carve hard! i have production c2 on the way and a funk for shenanigans. production c2 has a back vent on the tail so its gonna be interesting to fly the c2 and funk back to back to see how they both play.

Just flew with Gerdes in a production c2. His start was just as fast as my aura. I think people will be surprised by it. I've only flown a pre-production one but it's very fast and happy to dive. I'd say it's in the v-race/scorpion catergory or size and nimbleness.

you think it has something to do with the 3 tail vents on the production model rather than the 1 vent on our race model?

im 100% certain i dont have the experience you or matt have in the base enviorment but i did feel more hesitation with the c2 (pre production) and dead air.

also happy to dive might be a understatement. i havnt flown a (aggressive) suit that will go head down as easy as this suit. no aggressive sweeping of the arms necessary. either from an aggressive flare or a max glide flight, just point it towards the ground and off you go. no other suit has given me such a sensation...ive flown a lot of agile suits.