JanuszPS

life vest suitable for WS's - any ideas?

Hi,

Occasionally from time to time 3/4 times a year in a nice cracking location at the sea cost are organized some jumps. It's not a DZ normal operational place. Due to the fact, that literally there is mostly water surrounding the airfield, life vests (provided by the organizer) are mandatory or let's say required. As we jump WS with zippers it is not really possible to use them. I figured out that it would be much more handy to have an old (cable) type of a WS (i.e. Ph2 or similar) to wear the life vest. the back straps of the vest can be routed via the cable wing attachment. However with zips it is not really possible. Routing the vest straps via harness holes interfere with the handles.
So do any of you guys might have some sort of idea what kind of life vests/floating devices could possibly be used without much restrictions or safety issues (i.e. limiting movement or accessibility to safety handles) in that sort of situations?
Any (serious - not bath duck type etc.) ideas?

regards
j.
Back to Poland... back home.

is there any reason why you can't wear one of the pfd's thats in a belt bag and wear it under your suit?

If you know your going to land in the water, just unzip the front of the suit and throw the pfd over your head and inflate.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

hcsvader

is there any reason why you can't wear one of the pfd's thats in a belt bag and wear it under your suit?

If you know your going to land in the water, just unzip the front of the suit and throw the pfd over your head and inflate.

That's is exactly what I did when jumping my WS into the Blue Hole in Belize. Worked great. Didn't actually have to inflate it since I landed about 10' from the boat.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

You get one of these, take the belt off and put a belt loop on the back, then put it on your chest strap. Run it vertical down your sternum.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Body-Glove-Adult-Rescue-Pouch-PFD&i=767082

I made one 20 years ago and put a surplus airline life vest (http://www.ebay.com/itm/United-Airlines-adult-life-vest-Switlik-Parachute-Co-25-Sep-2009-sealed-/191264561322?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c884198aa) in it. Photos attached. Of course it takes a rigger to stuff it in there.B|

Hmm, 20 years, maybe I better check the vest.:S

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Shakey

You want something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Onyx-Manual-Inflatable-Jacket-Black/dp/B0032ALK72

Monkey has used one, I've use one, and we have a few friends who got to both fly and swim with them in Nicaragua a while ago. :-)

I jumped a similar one in Puerto Rico and Marathon Key. Never used it, so I don't know how well that part works ...
Brian