Monko760

Interal Pressure System

I'm sure somebody is working on something, but a compressed air or Co2 system(valves and doodads) could have large aerodynamic advantages over large 'draggy' air vents. Obviously there will be issues to work out....

Didn't spend much time searching the interwebs so excuse me if there is an elephant in the room I'm not noticing.

Anybody?
I fly and stuff, its fun!

Yves Rossy created such a system about 10 years ago for his rigid wing project. Nitrogen if I remember correctly, he pulled a tab after exit to inflate the wings and then an onboard sensor corrected the inflation for the varying external pressure.

Complex and expensive but doable..
BASEstore.it

Monko760

I'm sure somebody is working on something, but a compressed air or Co2 system(valves and doodads) could have large aerodynamic advantages over large 'draggy' air vents. Obviously there will be issues to work out....

Didn't spend much time searching the interwebs so excuse me if there is an elephant in the room I'm not noticing.

Anybody?

I also remember hearing that a certain finnish character who has some experience with jet engines as well was working on a design which used an air compressor to pressurize the wings before exit. Not sure if he ever test jumped it though.
http://www.ufufreefly.com