xenomorph283

extended helmet cam setup

i am trying to make myself an extended forward head mount for my helmet to use on my wingsuit jumps and was hoping to see if i could get some peoples examples of how they do theirs and how it looks. and to get any tips on how to go about opening if there is anything in particular you need to do besides throw your head down

The first and only real important aspect is, make sure you use a helmet with a proper setup cutaway system. If the mount gets caught between a linetwist, or even just prevents you from looking up, or in case of entanglement with main or otherwise, prevents a main from separating on cutaway....you will need that cutaway for the helmet (and/or) pole system itself. Also note that a riser catching the pole on opening can lead to severe neck injuries.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

thanks guys! and yea my helmet does have a cutaway, and ive been playing with a few different lengths with extra gopro knuckles this is currently how i have it mounted (have yet to jump with it but was planning to do one or two this weekend before making my trip out to florida

Death Trap 2.0
Maybe add a few carabiners to make sure any line that gets cought dosn't release.

I am not aware of any incident where a line was cought that was solved with a helmet cutway.
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

Get rid of the knobs on the knuckles.
That's one of the first things necessary.
Hopefully you're not also jumping a mattress suit?

Lessee...
~full-face helmet
~several snag points
~very low experience

What could possibly go wrong here?:D

Now toss in a mattress, and it's a sure-fire guarantee everything will go rite.

i am trying to make myself an extended forward head mount for my helmet to use on my wingsuit jumps and was hoping to see if i could get some peoples examples of how they do theirs and how it looks. and to get any tips on how to go about opening if there is anything in particular you need to do besides throw your head down

A good friend of mine with a few thousand skydives died on a wingsuit skydive using one of these last year. The official report is not out yet, but after what I have heard the helmet mount was the cause.

Not trying to tell you what to do (or not to do), but just be careful.

-Jo Henrik

SkyHookV3

Amazon sells this for less then 7 bucks with free shipping. Chutting star is selling it for close it $30.00 and you still need to pay for shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GBNV19E/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One is cheap plastic, one is billet aluminum. You get what you pay for. OP, be careful, have fun.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.