vitriol

This might change a few things: Epicene wingsuit canopy

The only thing that has prevented me from buying a Squirrel suit (well, in addition to being afraid I'd be associated with frothing at the mouth fanbois) is that there aren't demo suits available, and I always say "try before you buy" about suits, since an awesome suit on one person may suck on another person.

I wonder if Squirrel will have demo canopies available? All of the other canopy manufacturers have them - I'd love to try one of these out before I bought it.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

maxtreme

Jeff, How many times you have got similar suit what you have test flied ;)

Hey Marko,

I've been pretty lucky in that regard. Of the seven suits I've bought (not including the ones for the wingsuit school), five were used - so I got exactly what I expected. The other two? One had comparable performance to what I expected from the demo. The other? No so much. I was pretty damn disappointed in that one.

On the other hand, at one point, I had my heart set on getting a particular suit (I'm not naming names) until I tried it. Then I got something else...

But on canopies? I've got a perfect example. A lot of people raved about a particular canopy and said it was the best canopy to replace my Storm. So I bought one without demoing it. After about 25 jumps on the replacement, it's in a bin at my house and the Storm is back in my primary rig. Sometimes, testing is as much about avoiding a bad (for you) purchase as much as it is in confirming a particular purchase is good (for you).

Anyway, I see your point, though....
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

I can't wait for this tranny tarp. Super stoked on everything squirrel is doing right now. The name however...I get it, base and sky traits. But epicene...lol I guess, why not! Can't wait to see what gigantic size will replace my 9 cell 135.
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

OuttaBounZ

I can't wait for this tranny tarp. Super stoked on everything squirrel is doing right now. The name however...I get it, base and sky traits. But epicene...lol I guess, why not! Can't wait to see what gigantic size will replace my 9 cell 135.

what chyu sellin? sabre1?
gravity brings me down.........

uberchris

***I can't wait for this tranny tarp. Super stoked on everything squirrel is doing right now. The name however...I get it, base and sky traits. But epicene...lol I guess, why not! Can't wait to see what gigantic size will replace my 9 cell 135.

what chyu sellin? sabre1?

Yep, the beautiful and like new condition sabre 135 with 66 total jumps. Love it, and I'd bet there isn't a better condition sabre 1 out there. But it has to go. Starting the bid at $600.
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

vitriol

Just saw this on my facebook newsfeed: http://squirrel.ws/epicene

I new wingsuit canopy by Squirrel. Sounds interesting!

PD is also developing a wingsuit canopy. When I asked them if they would build me a Sabre1 they told me that they're coming out with a wingsuit canopy "very soon". Couldn't find anything about it on their web though.
lego

After the race, Jay Mo made a few WS jumps at Davis using the prototype PD canopy. I believe it was a 150. It fit in his swoop rig. These new wings for WSers look very interesting.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

i talked with squirrel about this canopy and how its coming along last month and they told me they are working very hard on it right now, and things are going great and hopefully they could get it released in august, so they may throw a surprise and release it in the next few days but they could not tell me any more besides all of that, so hopefully in next month or so it will be released

hjumper33

I think porscher (makes basically all the lightweight fabric used in parachutes outside of pd's) is having production delays so no canopies yet. Design is done as far as I know.

So maybe is better buy BASE canopy from company is not make excuses about lead times, no? ;)

Slater
McConkey es Dios

Slater

***I think porscher (makes basically all the lightweight fabric used in parachutes outside of pd's) is having production delays so no canopies yet. Design is done as far as I know.

So maybe is better buy BASE canopy from company is not make excuses about lead times, no? ;)

Slater

That wasnt english so im not sure what you really meant by that, but all lightweight base and skydiving canopies in the industry are being delayed by the lack of porcher material. Not the first time this issue has happened with the material.