vitriol

This might change a few things: Epicene wingsuit canopy

Im sure its decreased compared to a 9 cell canopy like a sabre, but i never got the sense I was sinking out of the sky. Also, for the same pack volume i have a 150 vs a 120, so im sure I get some additioanl glide when going downwind from that. Pulled at about 4k both times to make sure I had some time to play.

Its been said before that this isnt a canopy that everyone needs, but if youre looking for a canopy that fits where your small and/or crossbraced canopy is that is nice and docile and gives you really nice opening in a big wingsuit, then I dont really know if you can do much better.

I concur with the Dr. I did my first 4 jumps on this canopy and am very pleased. My previous WS canopies were a Sabre1 and Pilot, and this canopy was as fun to fly, but with dramatically improved openings. I pitched in strong flare, normal, and full flight with great results. I'm loading a bit lighter at just above 1.1.

damn why can't they make it to man sizes:P;)I got a container made for a 260ish I'm sure I could get away with a 230 but that is regular zp. I would need a 290 :P

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I jumped an optimum as a main years ago for a handful of jumps so I cant say I remember much about it. As far as the fabric goes, the optimum fabric always felt a little denser to me. Not neccesarily bulkier, but when packed just feeling a little more brick like. I know PD has been developing a similar concept out of their optimum material, but I havent flown it. Im sure they optimized the production canopy more for use as a main in some way, and im sure itll be comprable to the episcene. Ive jumped many base canopies made from poscher fabric, and its always worn well for me, especially with a ZP leading edge. I had a base canopy that had over 500 jumps on it and still felt basically new to fly and flare.

keithbar

damn why can't they make it to man sizes:P;)I got a container made for a 260ish I'm sure I could get away with a 230 but that is regular zp. I would need a 290 :P

you already jump a barge. Why the interest in a low bulk canopy?
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

you already jump a barge. Why the interest in a low bulk canopy?[/quote ] actually my main canopy is a crossfire 2 169 which some people might consider barge . but I think at 1.7 wing loading is a bit much for wingsuiting .although I have got away with it a quite a few times. I am putting a w/s specific rig together for this summer I found a good deal on an older container and put a reserve in it . but I'm looking for a main that will fit in the container. and the cross braced thing sounded kinda intriguingB|

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

you already jump a barge. Why the interest in a low bulk canopy?[/quote ] actually my main canopy is a crossfire 2 169 damn I killed the bread I didn't mean to[:/]

My Epicene shipped from the US on Thursday and arrived on Monday.

Canopy came in a reusable squirrel bag and lines attached to a plastic line card. I had also received a xfire which just came in a plastic bag with the lines zip tied. So a couple of nice additional touches.

Even the snatches I ordered had nice little bags to store each of the PCs in, I thought that was a nice touch. Ill have to find some similar ones for my other PCs.

Psyched on hearing all the good feedback on this parachute. I just received mine, and really looking forward to more consistency in my skydiving openings. The jumping conditions at the Brevent have been so good this winter I've been having a hard time motivating to travel to a dz. You feel bad for me don't you.

wstcstcmtr

I have a VC1 also, I emailed squirrel and Mike suggested a 150. Let me know how the 170 fits!

What canopy are you using ihe Curv now? Do you plan on swapping canopies depending on what kind of jumping you want to do?

Got to jump the VC1 and Epicene this weekend, the 170 is at the limit for the VC1 but it does fit and doesnt look pregnant.

I was surprised at the size of the slider compared to my xfire 149 (smaller) so thought the opening might be a bit brisk but they where nice direct on heading openings.