alygator

Venom Power first flight

Do you feel like it is a problem to have the suit dragging when you land as far as the fins are concerned? I never attach my booties no matter what suit I have flown and I am wondering if the fins would make a difference in that regard

Does the innie outtie system on PF suits bring much improvements? E.g. tony and squirrel suits are much looser in torso area so if you place the rig inside it'll inflate also. But since PF suits are tight in torso, I was wondering how much of a difference it makes?

The connected front mostly creates one flat platform on the front/underside, from wingtip to wingtip. The loose fit seems to vary per suit, but is not related to creating a smoother bottom surface. What good an accidental inflating bottom/front or an inverted leading edge on the arm does aerodynamicly for improvements in flight Im not sure. We're trying to make the suit more slick/optimized, and thats the only reason its there, which contributes to the suit agility, which PF is known for.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I always snap up the legs after opening as part of my normal procedure. I've never had them unsnap on any of my other PF suits. My hypothesis is that the extra weight pulling on them as I run out my landings is enough to unsnap them.

Again, it's not a huge deal and I was actually able to prevent it once I was more aware of it by running awkwardly with my knees together. =)

I jump in CA where all of our LZs are dusty, dirty, and full of stickers. For me a dragging tailwing is negative, especially when there is extra weight dragging through the dirt. If I was landing in grass every time I might not worry about it so much and just let the wing "float" between my legs.

Overall the suit is excellent and this is a very, very minor concern. But minor concerns usually have minor fixes so I wanted to put it out there.

The new magnet placement is much better. It does a better job of keeping the wing off the ground. I also like that this suit lacks thumb loops. I never used them on my V4 and, in my opinion, it makes the pull much cleaner and easier. V-Power pulls are a piece of cake.
Apex BASE

Bluhdow

3. That said the innie-outtie system seems like more trouble than it's worth, for me personally. I'll skydive this suit way more frequently than I'll BASE jump it so it's not that important to me. [], but for now I wish it had a normal PF one-zipper system. To my knowledge, PF doesn't offer the normal system on this suit although I think it would be a good option to add.

+1 This.
"The 'perfect' parachute jump was thought to be one where the opening shock and touchdown were simultaneous" -Lyle Cameron, ~1965
---
Falling-With-Style.com

Yorick

3. That said the innie-outtie system seems like more trouble than it's worth, for me personally. I'll skydive this suit way more frequently than I'll BASE jump it so it's not that important to me. [], but for now I wish it had a normal PF one-zipper system. To my knowledge, PF doesn't offer the normal system on this suit although I think it would be a good option to add.

+1 This.

Absolutely

Yorick

+1 This.
+2! :)

After putting some more flights on the suit here are a few notes:

1. I flew with an Aura (better pilot than me, heavier pilot than me) and he had both vertical and horizontal range on me.

2. I've flown with a V-Race a lot (better pilot than me, lighter pilot than me) and I think we're evenly matched vertically, but I'm actually able to fly faster than he is (possibly due to my weight).

3. I've flown with a Colugo 1 (I've got more WS experience, similar weight) and I've always had range on him both vertically and horizontally.

4. I was able to dive down enough to keep pace with a V4. The suit is very stable in a dive. No legwing flutter, no instability, it was comfortable for me to fly at an aggressive angle in the suit even with limited flights in it and no other big suit experience.

4. The suit is easy and comfortable to fly. I've heard some scary stories about other suits...involuntary turns, people being flipped on their back, slippery characteristics...really none of that here. It's flies accurately and comfortably.

It seems that across the entire range of small to large suits that PF puts out the most agile and precisely flying designs. Tony seems to put out the best performing designs (speed, float, time) and Squirrel is a mix of the two.

I'm very happy with the Power and, at least for me personally, precise and consistent flying characteristics are the single most important safety feature.
Apex BASE