Freeflaw

The masai

The masai is awesome. One of the funnest and fastest "tracksuits" that I have yet flown. It is intuitive to fly though not as stable as the traditional tracksuits. In the past I have flown a tube3, Sumo, PTS and original PF. This suit is the future of tracking suits imo. The celled design allows for the same surface area of a high volume tracksuit while eliminating the drag of the top to bottom inflation.

If you are looking for your first tracksuit, I'd recommend to look somewhere else, especially if you are buying one for base jumping. If you however want a suit that can race P2s, angle fly/FF, proxy track or fly to the main landing area in Brento this may be it.

thanks for the post.
can you back track with masai? does it have feature/design for tracking on your back?

added:

what do you mean when you say the suit is not as stable as other tracking suit? does it want to rotate around your pelvis?

It has back fly vents and stays pressurized throughout the transition. Easy to backfly.

Less stable on the yaw axis than say a PTS. It tends more towards over steer. Gets a little twitchy when flying crumpled up and steep (think belly angle fly position with knees bend and very steep).

I haven't made it to Brento yet, but I have put some basejumps on it as I am currently in LB. I am breaking all of last years benchmarks easily. What used to be a 5-10 sec canopy ride is now 30-40 sec canopy ride (with the same distance tracked), and I am uncurrent as hell and my subterminal track has completely degenerated over the last 6 months of not jumping. This suit will turn any idiot into a great tracker. The problem is...its kinda cheating.

also...the quality is fucking shit. Both my zippers (where the main lift web comes out of the suit) are shredded. I have maybe 10 jumps on the suit (7 base). I saw that one coming though. Def sending Tony an email. The cruise is much more sturdy.

Cool cool.
Thanks for the info!
I found the zippers on the Tony suit, I flew previously, to be weak(ish). The expansion zippers kept opening up in flight. Sometimes unsymmetrically… Looked like the zippers lost the “bite.” This might be a different problem compared to yours. But, shredded? Does not sound good…

Cruise does seem like a good suit also. Not sure if the video below shows the newer Cruise with the booties. Cruise also seem like freefly BASE friendly.

(Cruise) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9qfTlALLpU

(Masai) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHFKOeO3aRA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD4qsWnjsNU