Maksimsf

Squirrel Funk

Yeah, that was me in the video at 2:49 and its a prototype suit with non-production closures that i didn't attach correctly. The zipper opened after landing when i was gathering up all my stuff. If you have issues with your zippers just refer to the diagrams posted by Squirrel on here, or call the dudes and they're happy to help. If i'm around in person I'd be happy to help too, but i'm traveling so much lately that its hard to tell where i'm going to be jumping.

I've been in Switzerland jumping the Aura but i can't wait to get back to my home DZ and skydive my production Funk!
"What kind of man would live a life without daring? Is life so sweet that we should criticize men that seek adventure?Is there a better way to die?" Charles Lindberg, August 26th, 1938

Seriously, what's up with all these defensive comments?..

Handles can be swallowed by any suit with any attachment system.

I had an X3 with the old over-the-shoulder zippers and it was constantly eating my reserve handle while I was sitting or gearing up in the plane.

Now I have a Jedei with cables and it's a lot better but still half-happens from time to time.

Guess that my particular rig is causing this.

Whatever, always check your handles before exiting. As a bonus they will be lifted out of the suit by a big margin after opening anyway.

B52

Watch the stuff some of the european acro ws pilots do.

Give it some time, Europeans been doing acro in Shadow and Havok for a few years now, do you really expect them just ditch their suits to fly Funk that is like 2-3 month old? They spent a lot of time learning to fly their suits. Anyway- I don't know any Skydiving gear manufacturing company that is only couple years old and can eat away a lot of market....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tRwt-iyeXk

hjumper33

***Seriously, what's up with all these defensive comments?..

yah I agree, these systems have been implemented on 100s if not 1000s of suits without any known issues. Whys everyone freaking out now?

Nobody is freaking out. We're discussing a problem that some people have encountered in those 1000s of suits. Personally, I've found this discussion useful - for example, the fix that is described in the attachment earlier in the thread was not shared with me when I first contacted Squirrel.

Again, most people probably don't have an issue with the design. But some do. Anecdotally, based on messages I've received, it's not a very small number.

Once I get back to jumping in September, I plan on implementing the fix and I'll report back. Once I have enough jumps on the Carve, I'll share a review of that as well.

[I'm not jumping for the rest of August because I have a bunch of other stuff going on in my life (wedding, honeymoon, Burning Man). Looking forward to getting back in the air with you guys in September.]
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

got my funk in and put a couple of jumps on it!. suit came in on time as said. i don't have enough experience to give a review about any flight characteristics or comparisons vs other suits. upon first hook up i found the bungies for the zippers a little loose for my harness. i just slid the knots down to tighten them up and had no problems. fit of the suit felt perfect! got over three minutes of flight time per my neptune 2. flew with a ghost both just relaxed and we just stayed right on side of each other no problems, the rest of the jump was fun. i just know this is a really sexy jaw dropping suit that i had a lot of fun on and know it only has more fun to be had on it. i love my funk!

I prefer size 0 and plastic. In my weird little brain, and I cant think of a scenario where this would really matter, if theres some kind of intense force on the zippers, the plastic ones will eventually break. When im BASE jumping and really dont want zippers serparating at all, like on the front, I clip them through where the pull actually goes.