hjumper33

Exciting new technology

If we continue on the joke side my answer will be “ and we can even make it very small, custom for you, as squirrels have a very tiny ass”
BUT
since the time I practice base jumping (23 years), I 've never felt so much disrespect for the sport and the base jumpers .

September 2013 , a band of happy squirrels jumps off the Brevent cliff in Chamonix, in defiance of the rules that the locals have been more than a year to negotiate with the city , disregarding the safety of all paragliding in the air at the time , compromising the practice of wingsuit on this exit and in all the Chamonix valley, just for their own satisfaction : I said some jumpers have nothing to do in this sport they doesn't respect

recently, same group are promoting a new harness certified EN . If even this standard, relevant only for the paragliding harness , was actually validated on their harness .... Amazing to hear that Paratest agency has not issued any certification. Advertising for the harness was out even before a single load test was made by them. Alain Zoller from Paratest confirmed that. Lying to jumpers is another form of deep disrespect

Today, with the excuse of April 1 , some guys, who do not even assume their identity behind an unknow internet adress, make big joke and fun about one of the brand that made the most progress in wingsuit . What a disrespect to Phoenix -Fly and this innovation, oriented toward security and flying improvement.
Copying design makes designer angry but proud in some way, as competitor recognize their creation
Making joke and give shit on designing is very disgusting for any designer, as creation comes from his deep heart with lot of passion. But copier can probably not feel this sensation !
There will be no debate, because i don't put my energy on making such stupid joke. I fly and I produce Base harness since 15 years with passion, like Robert Pecnik do for the wingsuit. I hope that mutual respect, between brands and between jumpers will come back in this beautifull sport.

Jeannoel Itzstein

“DSE” is a highly dependable source of negativity!

Hi Jeannoel,

I sent you a private message and an email but did not get a reply so I am writing to you here, even though I do not agree that this is the proper place to discuss these things. I am not sure that airing a list of complaints on a forum is the best way to manage relationships between companies, even if at the end of your post you say that you want mutual respect.

The website thing - if I could remove that website right now then I would. I did not do it and I am very sorry that it offended you. For the record, I don’t support it. There is not much else to say about that.

Products - You make excellent products, and people seem to think that we make some good stuff as well. As for the load test, our harness has been tested not only by Para-test, but also in the USA by other independent companies. We have brought every individual component to failure to determine its strength and we have tested the harness as a whole, multiple times, and were unable to fail it using any system available to us. We know for a fact that it is stronger than a lot of gear out there, and I know for a fact that many other products on the market will not stand up to the same testing and I am very surprised that you would want to bring this up.

Brands - Every brand has appropriated design concepts from other brands. Adrenaline has as well, and this is normal. We of course used our favorite equipment as a reference when developing our products. Candidly, nothing that you make was our favorite and therefore nothing you make was referred to in our development. We really prefer other stuff. We did, however, want to be sure that our chest strap would be strong and durable, and that our pin cover flap would be tight and secure, after seeing issues with other equipment, see: http://www.basejumper.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=2966064;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;. And https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQb8pmAPpqE&feature=youtu.be.

I agree that we should try to focus on respect and constructive discourse. I am 100% supportive of this idea. We can be competitive and kind at the same time – it would be better for us, the sport, and the community. You received an email about this a couple of weeks ago and I hope that we can meet one day soon for a beer and to discuss the many ways that we can help to support BASE in a positive manner. I agree with you that it is beautiful.

It has been a sad and serious week for us here. I don’t think the timing of this was good, and I understand that you, too, lost a good friend and must be under a lot of stress. I am deeply sorry and extend you my sincerest condolences. I remain available to you by email and skype, you have my info, please contact me any time.

-Matt

Following my recent post I just received a mail explaining me that I had a few hours to privatly answer... unfortunatly, it seems that hours are running faster in some areas of the planet...

In fact Matt was asking to remove something that did not obviously targeted him... gave me an « ultimatum » to remove my post within few hours, but obviously forgot to look at his watch and immediatly posted... such a fair play...

Dear Matt

In french we say « qui se justifie s'accuse »... I do not master english language to properly traduce that....I would translate that in english as « one who tries to explain his own attitude accuses himself ». High five Matt (...and maybe...huhhhh....one higher than the others ;))

To the community :

I did not expect such a reply but as Matt says, we both make wonderful products and, as a frenchman, I am more than open to share a while with a glass of wine

Good jumps, happy reading and « vive la liberté d'expression » I do cherish the first amendment of the US constitution the freedom of speech, please have fun follow these links www.penisfly.com ; the true one (not « in blue »;)) www.phoenix-fly.com and of course www.adrenalinbase.com !!!

To quote Jim Morrison «  This is the End, My friend » I will not reply to you dear Squirrel

HUG
Jeannoel Itzstein

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: Forum discussion.
Date : Wed, 2 Apr 2014 09:50:41 -0700
De : Matt G
Pour :
Copie à : roch malnuit ,

Hi Jeannoel,

If you want to have this conversation publicly, then we can. I first wanted to give you the chance to reply in private, and remove your message on the forum to avoid continued stress for both of us. I would prefer to discuss it in private, it is more professional.

You are accusing “us” of many things in your post. I am not sure that airing a list of complaints on a forum is the best way to manage relationships between companies, even if at the end of your post you say that you want mutual respect.

The website thing - if I could remove that website then I would. I did not do it. Seriously, I’m very sorry that it offended you. I think I know who made it, but I do not know for sure. There is not much else to say about that.

Secondly, I am not sure that it would be a good idea to publicly debate the merits of our harness vs. the products that you make. You make excellent products, and people seem to think that we make good stuff as well. As for the load test, our harness has been tested not only by Alain, but also in the USA by other independent companies. We have brought every individual component to failure to determine its strength and tested the system as a whole and were unable to break it using any system available to us. Debating this in public will not benefit Adrenaline.

Your accusations of copying… Phoenix Fly has appropriated design concepts from other companies. Adrenaline has as well, in the past. To deny this is pointless. We of course used our favorite equipment as a reference for the development of our products. Nothing that you or PF makes was referred to.

As for Brevent, in my opinion you are greatly exaggerating the dangers and the consequences of what happened. Perhaps you include it here because it is just another complaint on the list of things you don’t like about me, but it seems unrelated.

I too wish for a more respectful and lower stress environment. To read slanted criticism of our products in the marketing words of Phoenix Fly, or to read the forum posts of PF employees which directly criticize aspects of our designs, is very tiresome. It also does not make PF look good.

I am very open to the idea of an environment where you, PF, and Squirrel… and everyone… agree to a more respectful relationship. I am 100% supportive of this idea. I think it would be better for the sport, the community, and for our businesses and personal stress levels. You recently received an email about the proposed IBA and I hope that we can meet one day soon and share a glass of something and discuss the many ways that we can help to grow our sport in a positive manner. I agree with you that it is beautiful.

I will give you a few hours to reply before I post on the forum. You may also reach me on skype, if you wish, at “matttgerdes”.

Best regards,

-Matt

Yes, umm, I think there might be a slight language disconnect here.
Your message above was not at all sneaky, it was obviously directed at me so obviously I replied to you (in private, out of respect, first).
This is a very bizarre exchange and I don't know you very well, apparently, but I can only assume that you are under a great deal of stress right now.
I'm disappointed that you don't want to have an honest line of communication with us but... no worries.
All the best,
-Matt

Jeannoel.
I always had deep respect for u untill now. This u shouldn't have made a discussion and if u had a problem u should have wrote to the person directly not through a forum.
It sadnes me that u cant do that and a very unprofessional way to do criticize. I thought u vere more proffesional than this statment on public forum.
Next time think twice and write to the person directly not though a forum.

All the best

Tiger

pgpilot1

We did, however, want to be sure that our chest strap would be strong and durable, and that our pin cover flap would be tight and secure, after seeing issues with other equipment, see: http://www.basejumper.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=2966064;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;. And https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQb8pmAPpqE&feature=youtu.be.

That's a brave statement considering your harness is yet to be subjected to the creative abuse of the masses.

Life is too short for drama. I would hate to reread some of these comments after the names appear on BFL. I would much rather celebrate the time we have together than snipe back and forth on the internet...
BASEline - Wingsuit Flight Computer

So everybody has to knee in front of the big squirrel, or what?

Making fun of other companies and throwing shit at them is ok, but if anybody counters that that´s not ok?

All this looks just like an cheap attempt to provoke a reaction and bring other manufacturers in discredit.

This brandwar thingie is soooo old, boring and lame...

Martin, I totally agree with you on that.
The rest of your message makes it sound like you don't understand what happened here, which I think is clear from the thread above. We did not create the site.

And, for the record: If anyone in the industry can take a joke, Squirrel can. Send us your best.

Cheers,
-Matt

pgpilot1

And, for the record: If anyone in the industry can take a joke, Squirrel can. Send us your best.

Cheers,
-Matt

You want folks to send you their best dildos?

Kinky:P
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

pgpilot1

Martin, I totally agree with you on that.
The rest of your message makes it sound like you don't understand what happened here, which I think is clear from the thread above. We did not create the site.

Cheers,
-Matt

Was busy working, so please excuse me for coming back that late.

I never said you created that site nor did I understand it that way.
Anyone else did. Same effect.

Anyway, anyone is allowed to make fun out of everything, that´s humor, even if get´s a very low standard, and there´s no holy untachable cow in the industry, nor is PF, Tony, and who ever, but little shit-throwers should first achieve what the old players have done for human flight.

Regarding the joke: After the recent four fatalities last weekend the jokes got a little bit stucked in my throat, so sorry... maybe another time.

Thanks,

Martin

Apparently i'm the culprit of the penisfly site.
Although I did chuckle when I saw it, I can attest as an experienced high performance RC wing pilot ( We fly Ritewing Zephyr 2's down here in sunny Aus ) that larger wings we have experimented with have become much more stable in turns and track far better with small vertical stabilizers such as PF has introduced. I think its a good idea and will aid flight performance. ( maybe a little scary for inexperienced jumpers chopping slices out of each other but hey appendages sticking out of skydivers such as gopros and carbon chest mounted altimeter mounts are just as bad )
IT WAS NOT ME

I do like the childish brandwars though. They are pretty much the only thing dicussed on this forum anymore, sad really as it used to be far more active . I suspect many new WS jumpers get scared off by silly brand war BS. most of us just jump and love it. I suggest you all do the same.
darren