lyosha

Most versatile tracking suit?

Which tracking suit do you guys think is the most versatile for a skydiving environment?

Namely, one that you could do some backflying and acro in, and not just fly straight. I'm guessing it'll be either cruise of tube4 because they seem to be the only two with backfly inlets. Anyone have any experience with both and could share an opinion?

Thanks in advance! :)

Between the tube3, PTS, and the regular pf tracksuit, the regular pf tracksuit is still my favorite. Easy to fly and so nimble you can FF with it. You could probably pick one up used for relatively cheap and have a rigger install back fly vents. Or, you just back fly without the vents (which I did)

Only the tube4, cruise and masai give you backfly vents. If ease of handling and backfly vents are the deciding factors then this leaves only the tub4 because of the added volume reduction system.

As to the rumor mill and random thoughts part: I have heard only positive things about the cruise and masai. I don't know anything about the tube4. You have probably seen the incredible stuff the soulflyers are doing with the cruise. Jhonny florez is posting GR of 2:1 with the masai (yes yes uppers). I have a masai and Sumo on order. Saw a masai yesterday....its a hybrid between wingsuit and tracksuit. It really depends on what you hope to achieve. I think FF flocking with masai type minimal drag wingsuits could be a pretty fucking rad crossover discipline between wingsuiting and angle flying/flocking

If you have seen Andrey Karr's brento fly by in a tracksuit, that was done in a regular pf tracksuit with volume taken out of the pants.

Freeflaw

Between the tube3, PTS, and the regular pf tracksuit, the regular pf tracksuit is still my favorite. Easy to fly and so nimble you can FF with it. You could probably pick one up used for relatively cheap and have a rigger install back fly vents. Or, you just back fly without the vents (which I did)

Only the tube4, cruise and masai give you backfly vents. If ease of handling and backfly vents are the deciding factors then this leaves only the tub4 because of the added volume reduction system.

As to the rumor mill and random thoughts part: I have heard only positive things about the cruise and masai. I don't know anything about the tube4. You have probably seen the incredible stuff the soulflyers are doing with the cruise. Jhonny florez is posting GR of 2:1 with the masai (yes yes uppers). I have a masai and Sumo on order. Saw a masai yesterday....its a hybrid between wingsuit and tracksuit. It really depends on what you hope to achieve. I think FF flocking with masai type minimal drag wingsuits could be a pretty fucking rad crossover discipline between wingsuiting and angle flying/flocking

If you have seen Andrey Karr's brento fly by in a tracksuit, that was done in a regular pf tracksuit with volume taken out of the pants.

Thanks!

Yeah, I've seen the soulflyers vid, which is what popped the question in my mind - anyone else doing similar with other tracking suits?

Masai looks cool, but it seems to have less vents than the others. Wondering if that'll be an issue...

FlyingMatt

The tube can be very twichy at times.

The tube3 is a bit wild when not flown properly, however the tube4 is out now and one of the design 'objectives' was to make it easier to fly without sacrificing performance so as to stop people whining about it having the oft quoted "knife edge stability", and now everybody can have an instant ego massage with happy ending. ;)

Coming from a company with that pedigree i wouldn't expect anything short of exceptional, and the combination of the volume reduction system and b-fly vents surely makes it the ultimate versatile suit.

Not flown it yet, so i can't give my personal opinion on it, but they seem to have a load of demo suits which will make it to the US. Strangely enough based at Lodi (???)

The soul Flyer can do that in a garbage bag.
The people i know who buy the cruise have all a lot of trouble to make it fly (in Base, distance...) So stop watching what the best can do with a suit hoping this suit allow you to do the same.
;)