hnb

Phoenix Fly

Just to contribute my 2cents, I've also experienced pain with PF customer service.

Ordered a tracksuit directly from PF. No confirmation email from them.

1 month later I emailed PF to ask if they got my order, next day Edo confirmed my order.

2.5 months after ordering, got an email from what was apparently a dealer of theirs asking me to send paypal to a random hotmail address for the suit. Suspicious. Had to email PF to confirm that this is actually their dealer, which they eventually confirmed 4 days later.

Then there was an issue with suit color. At that point I worked with the dealer directly and got it resolved. The suit is great now, and the dealer was fantastic to work with. I wish I had called the dealer directly from the beginning.

In the end I am satisfied, but overall the customer service experience was painful from lack of responsiveness, and generally convoluted purchasing process. Why isn't selling things on the internet for money a solved problem at this point?
BASEline - Wingsuit Flight Computer

I've ordered several PF suits and had similar pains. One of my suits got lost in the mail, and Robi even made me another one. I got everything I ordered eventually and it has all been a blast to fly.

One day I went to http://squirrel.ws/order filled in the order form and hit "submit..."

I got an email within 24 hours to confirm my payment info, and a couple emails as it entered production (a week later), was delayed (another week later), and when it shipped to the US, and I was given a tracking number for the shipment to my house.

In the end I am satisfied, but overall the customer service experience was painful from lack of responsiveness, and generally convoluted purchasing process. Why isn't selling things on the internet for money a solved problem at this point?

It is, buy a Squirrel. You won't be disappointed with the product either.
This isn't flying, its falling with style.

imsparticus

didnt you find that odd

Personally, I would never take orders for a custom product without payment upfront, so yes I did find that odd.

However, Phoenix Fly did not require or ask for upfront payment, and my previous orders for suits were taken, confirmed, and received without it. I was placing my order the way PF had requested. Had they provided myself or my dealer with an invoice that required payment before the suit construction would begin, I would have payed it. They did not.

I was in contact with my dealer and PF directly throughout the duration of my order. I do not see this as a problem with the dealer as my direct emails to PF were left unaswered.

imsparticus

Im kinda confused with what role the dealer was playing besides adding to the confusion.

Dealers in general, no matter who they represent, are there to answer the often asked question so the manufacturer can make their product instead of replying to emails that the dealer can answer just as easily. Depending on where the manufacturer is located, the dealer is most likely in the same time zone as the buyer instead of many hours separated. Answers to questions can be much quicker. If there is a question that the dealer has to ask the manufacturer, they will know the answer the next time it arises. In the case of suits, dealers will know how to measure you so the suit has a much better chance of fitting.

YMMV
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

imsparticus

Im kinda confused with what role the dealer was playing besides adding to the confusion.

Normally the dealer is the only point of contact a costumer would need. But often people bypass the dealer after the initial order, where-as a dealer can actually help both client and us a lot. As they can filter down the questions from clients to more direct and short answers, instead of the sometimes book-sized stories some people send. Also in case of problems, the dealers have direct contact with the factory, and often can answer a lot of client questions for them already.

Its not always a perfect track record, but like said before, we sadly only get the 1% of people who have a negative experience being loud and vocal about it (and usually not through the proper channels). We're not a huge company with a 50 person support staff. But we do make proper wingsuits, and put a lot of work in the design and testing phase, to make sure you get a class A product. Something that will also be clear in the new products about to be released.

For the few who do have a negative experience, it often ignored that a fitting solution is always provided, and great care is taken to try and make everyone happy.

Again, for those who have questions, contact your dealer, or any of the info@ macca@ edo@ jarno@ PF adresses, should you somehow not find you dealer getting the information you want/need.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

mccordia

it often ignored that a fitting solution is always provided, and great care is taken to try and make everyone happy.

Again, for those who have questions, contact your dealer, or any of the info@ macca@ edo@ jarno@ PF adresses, should you somehow not find you dealer getting the information you want/need.

This is precisely the action I took during my order, yet I received no response to any of my emails sent to PF. No solution provided.

It has also been my past experience that smaller companies usually provide far better customer service than larger companies, not the other way around as you suggest.

You continue to fail to understand the main source of my problem with PF during my order: their lack of communication.

As I mentioned to you before, had PF asked for payment upfront or provided me with an invoice I would have promptly paid them. They did not; therefore, your comment is, once again, irrelevant.

Its just friendly advice that more and more i now see could really have helped you i dont understand why you would contact them with regards to everything accept payment, Like someone said order-invoice-pay -recieve, no use chasing up a missing suit when next in the natural order of things is payment, just adds to the confusion,

FB1609

I love the suits, but kinda funny how those who have no time to respond to emails have like 5000+ posts on here...I'd say they should have had some spare time no?

It's even more funny how you're take one guy's side of a story as the gospel.

I guarantee they have just as many emails responded to as they do posts on this forum. Can I guarantee they've never overlooked an email? Nope. But I'd bet big money that they never systematically ignored every single email from one person, as that person implies.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

FB1609

I love the suits, but kinda funny how those who have no time to respond to emails have like 5000+ posts on here...I'd say they should have had some spare time no?

Most of those posts are 'spare time' posts, talking about safety, acrobatics, teaching and flying.
Though its also a job, the last 12 years of flying wingsuits is 99% love of the sport type stuff in terms of published materials, organized events etc.

Never realized that was a negative thing...
Its a shame the public bitching and gloating of the 1% of orders where there things didn't go as planned/hoped (be it spam, communication issues or an honest screwup) seems to be peoples main focus. Now even to the point of what I do in my spare time being an issue? If anyone has actual questions related to product or order issues, [email protected] is the address to use.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

mccordia

***I love the suits, but kinda funny how those who have no time to respond to emails have like 5000+ posts on here...I'd say they should have had some spare time no?

Most of those posts are 'spare time' posts, talking about safety, acrobatics, teaching and flying.
Though its also a job, the last 12 years of flying wingsuits is 99% love of the sport type stuff in terms of published materials, organized events etc.

Never realized that was a negative thing...
Its a shame the public bitching and gloating of the 1% of orders where there things didn't go as planned/hoped (be it spam, communication issues or an honest screwup) seems to be peoples main focus. Now even to the point of what I do in my spare time being an issue? If anyone has actual questions related to product or order issues, [email protected] is the address to use.

It's not a negative thing.
I have not read every post you made on this forum, but my general feeling is that what you write is something worth reading.
As you say, you write about wingsuits, flying and safety.
And that is in my opinion a positive thing, because it shows that you care about both the sport and your customers.

If you write those posts on your spare time or on work time is in my opinion none of our buisness because your spare time and work time interact to some part.

Just to let you know there are other opinions.

And 6800 posts is not much for the time registerd here, some people get thousands of posts of 'nothing' in the bonfire in just months.