hnb

Phoenix Fly

Is Phoenix Fly going out of business? Are they having major business problems?
OR

Does Phoenix Fly have VERY HORRIBLE customer service, production organization, and shipping and receiving? I hate complaining, but now going in to the forth month of waiting for a suit and not getting ONE straight answer from them.

I had to deal with:
"lost in shipping" to
"didn't you get it?" to
"we'll make you a new one" to
"we'll have your suit done in two weeks" to
"it will be done this week" and now it's
"we have no fabric to make a wing suit, would you like something else"

Is any one else having these problem with Phoenix Fly? I am now considering canceling my order with them.

Any info is welcome

thanks

While i do believe your post is a troll. I too am a bit disappointed with their customer service so far. ive sent all measurements and such in at the beginning of last week and haven't heard anything other then, thanks we will get back to you. asked mid way through the week and got a reply of ''will check and let you know'', nothing after that. While this is far from being a major problem it is frustrating knowing that i will be waiting an additional week or two depending on how fast they allow me to give them my money.

As of Friday ive sent my order through a dealer, maybe he can get faster confirmation.

hnb

Is Phoenix Fly going out of business? Are they having major business problems?
OR

Does Phoenix Fly have VERY HORRIBLE customer service, production organization, and shipping and receiving? I hate complaining, but now going in to the forth month of waiting for a suit and not getting ONE straight answer from them.

I had to deal with:
"lost in shipping" to
"didn't you get it?" to
"we'll make you a new one" to
"we'll have your suit done in two weeks" to
"it will be done this week" and now it's
"we have no fabric to make a wing suit, would you like something else"

Is any one else having these problem with Phoenix Fly? I am now considering canceling my order with them.

Any info is welcome

thanks

Please email me directly: [email protected] so that we can look in to this for you.

Macca
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I think following the release of the new V series suits last year PF were "overwhelmed" with the amount of orders. They recently announced hiring new staff so I don't think they are going out of business... After that announcement I put in an order and had my suit in hand after 8 weeks to the day. To create an account on here to write up this post is obviously just a childish attempt at discrediting the folks at PF.

only issue i had was missing two snap buttons on my P3, which i fixed myself by going to home depot to buy a snap fastener kit. easy money. they are pretty overwhelmed with how popular wingsuiting is getting, and im sure theyre doing their best
gravity brings me down.........

I just had a conversation with the OP. There were some issues on shipping the order that were partly my fault. We are working to get his suit to him as fast as possible with a color design that he approves. It is impossible to be 100% perfect, but when something doesn't go as expected, PF does its best to make things right.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

monkycndo

I just had a conversation with the OP. There were some issues on shipping the order that were partly my fault. We are working to get his suit to him as fast as possible with a color design that he approves. It is impossible to be 100% perfect, but when something doesn't go as expected, PF does its best to make things right.

EOCS

Phoenix fly have contacted me and we have cleared up the mis communication.

Seems like writing on DZ forum works faster than sending mail to info(at)phoenixfly.com ;)

monkycndo

It's a shipping issue, but still working on colors?

hnb

Is Phoenix Fly going out of business?

Unlikely.

hnb

Are they having major business problems?

I don't know.

hnb

Does Phoenix Fly have VERY HORRIBLE customer service, production organization, and shipping and receiving?

Not in my experience.

hnb

Is any one else having these problem with Phoenix Fly?

Not that I'm aware of.

Got my tracking suit last week after placing order in mid-Jan. Pretty stoked. :)

hjumper33

Haha I have noticed that too...

You seem to notice most things that work against the brand you clearly dislike in what you post. But ignoring that, everyone email gets dealt with. In order in which they come in, when we're on email. Sometimes that can be a few days, due to the people you're communicating with actually being at work in the factory, designing, and actually testing and making the suits you're buying. Our customers are not test pilots.

Sometimes people mis-communicate things with their intermediate dealers, sometimes things dont go as planned. But 99% of the orders come through without problems.

But life isnt perfect, so sometimes there is a thing that goes different than planned.
Sadly some people don't have the courtesy and patience to deal with these matters the way its usually sorted. And instead resort to more aggressive ways. Ways that are not needed, as customer service always works with the client to provide a solution that everyone is happy with.

There is a large volume of orders made, and customer service is not a 500 people strong department like Microsoft. So a bit of patience is sometimes needed.

Aside from negative attention, posts here dont change a thing in how or when things get dealt with.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

hjumper33

Seems like writing on DZ forum works faster than sending mail to info(at)phoenixfly.com

Haha I have noticed that too...

Unless you have accurate stats on the average turn around time for an email response from PF (which nobody except PF themselves have)... then you actually haven't noticed that. You can't compare A to B when you've never seen B.

Chances are your sample size is far less than 1% and is very far skewed from normal, and it is without a doubt second hand info.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

How about chilling for a second and not taking life that seriously?
.. or wait, sorry, I forgot this is skydiving. We have to be SUPER seriuos about everything!

I'm not dissing anybody (although I have had some small issues with PF that made me switch to Squirrel although they make awesome suits). It was just funny that according to OP "...forth month of waiting for a suit and not getting ONE straight answer.." and after posting here thing gets resolved in less than one day.
Then EOCS posts here about PF not answering and then gets a response in less than 4 hours.

I haven't been in this site for a couple of days, and I am surprised at all the amount of responces. I want to thank monkycndo for all his help. Any of my friends who are looking to buy, I'll send them your way. Macca, thanks for letting me vent. And thanks to Phoenix Fly for reconfirming my original beliefs that you guys are a great company that looks out for their customers. I am amazied and shocked at the quick turn around, and I turely appreciate it, THANK YOU. Before I ordered and even now I never heard a bad thing about quality or custurmer service that would make me consider shopping else where. I am happy we resolved the issues and look forward to getting my wing suit.

Again. Thank you

I will start my comment off with the fact that I believe PF makes a quality product. I used to be quite the PF fanboy, owning 5 different suits at one time. I have enjoyed seeing the progression, new ideas and healthy competition between brands and I am grateful for what PF has done to push the direction and performance of wingsuits from the beginning. Every interaction with any members of the PF team I have had IN PERSON have been excellent. My interactions with PF as a company, however, have been quite different.

I have seen a lot of these type of posts, where someones order gets unattended to, they make a post and then instantly there is a response from PF and there are claims that the mentioned scenario is an anomaly or a fallacy and then all is well. I haven't chimed in for it not being worth my time; but, I disagree with your comments, so much in fact that I feel necessary to share my experience.

mccordia

everyone email gets dealt with.

I am going to have to disagree with that statement as much as humanly possible. Attached is a screenshot of an email I sent to PF (to two different addresses, info and a direct email) summarizing my most recent experience with PF; I was a return customer at this point and my previous order took a little long but was uneventful. Long story short: orders placed, multiple emails with zero respones, responses to my dealer with incorrect information and egregious differences in expected wait time. I have also not received any response from this email as of this posting.

(A side comment on one of the orders specifically:
I emailed PF about my V5, which was already 5+ months out, before going to Kjerag, as I wanted to skydive the suit and then take it there for heliboogie. I received no response. Much to my chagrin, when I arrived I saw several (5-10) known wingsuiters with V5's. This surprised me as I could not even get a return email commenting on the status of it. No love for the little guy, I guess. I chose not to bring it up with the PF team that was present and to instead enjoy my time in Norway.)

***Sadly some people don't have the courtesy and patience to deal with these matters the way its usually sorted. And instead resort to more aggressive ways. Ways that are not needed, as customer service always works with the client to provide a solution that everyone is happy with.

My experience does not mimic this statement. There were many ways I could have handled this situation/multiple related situations, and that was after waiting over 10 months for a suit (where posted wait times were nothing close to this) and with zero contact from the manufacturer - which I think is quite courteous and patient on my behalf. As a repeat customer who had already spent thousands, and would have been on track to spend thousands more with your new suits that are being released, I found this lack of customer service quite odd, to say the least. There was zero resolution provided and I was far from happy.

My solution to the matter was simple: I am no longer a PF customer. I sold all of my PF suits and chose to take my money and business elsewhere.

I do hope that this type of experience is a thing of the past and PF has grown to be able to support the increasing demand of the wingsuiting population. I am looking forward to seeing what people can achieve in your new suits, especially with your continued unvalidated claims of their performance; but, I will not be one of them.

You seem to have overlooked the main point of my comment: PF's communication, or lack thereof, with their customers. Even though payment was neither an issue or previously mentioned, I will address it anyway.

At the time of my orders, PF (or my dealer) did not require nor did they ask for upfront payment. I would have been happy to pay upfront; but, PF decides how they take orders and what is required, not the customer. If payment had been an issue, I imagine they would have: 1) Not made and sent some of the suits that I had ordered, 2) stated it a requirement in the email that confirmed my order or 3) mentioned it in a response to my status update requests. They did not.

imsparticus

I dont know sounds like more of a dealer issue to me, just found it interesting that after cancelling your order no monies were outstanding, regardless of how the dealer takes the order didnt you find that odd after all that time?

Dealer issue??!! Are you for real? The guy sent his last email to PF december 15th and has had no response yet. If the dealer would have been the problem, PF should have contacted the customer and the dealer to sort it out long ago.

And anyways, dealers represent the brand. If they chose a dealer, they chose to be affiliated with that person. For me, as a customer, I expect all authorized dealers to be reliable. If it was not the case, what's the point of having dealers? I'd do business only directly with the manufacturer.

Concerning the money, why and how would he pay up front if it is not required or if he has not received an invoice?

Maybe the dealer should have requested the payment, maybe not, I don't know. But clearly someone dropped the ball on this one, and I just find it odd that people think it's the customers fault, and that if they do this or that everything works fine.

Really, it should not be difficult. Order, receive invoice, pay,receive the suit.