chriseidan

tonysuit scorpion v Squirrel colugo

my moms rates are steep, but your mouth is cheap buddy! and i refuse to follow the white rabbit!!!
not gonna see you until the first weekend in april but lets put on the tracksuits and get wild. i got my sumo and cant wait to fly it
gravity brings me down.........

The Scorpion leaves the Colugo in the dust. My buddy and I are evenly matched when flying Colugos. Wearing my Scorpion and him flying a Colugo, there is no competition. While the Colugo is no match speed wise for the Scorpion, there are many positive things to be said about the Colugo.

Freeflaw

The Scorpion leaves the Colugo in the dust. My buddy and I are evenly matched when flying Colugos. Wearing my Scorpion and him flying a Colugo, there is no competition. While the Colugo is no match speed wise for the Scorpion, there are many positive things to be said about the Colugo.

I have not flown the Colugo 2 yet, but having flown the Colugo and Scorpion, I'd have to agree; the Scorpion is one fast wing.

I own both the C2 and the Scorpion. The C2 is an awesome wing. Fast, agile, intuitive, light on the arms, good flare and incredibly stable in a dive. It reminds me of a P2 in some ways? The C2 has many attributes of the Scorpion but its smoother around the edges...less twitchy still very quick to turn. An incredibly well balanced wing (not the fastest by any means nor the suit with the most range). The Scorpion made ws skydiving fun for me. The C2 continues to keep me interested.

own: V4, V5, V5R, Venom Power, Aura, C1, C2, Scorpion, (A2 on way)
owned: P2, S-bird
flown: A2, Jedei2, r-bird

It was a colugo 2 that won the red bull aces event, bam! C2 is better than the scorpion.

The aura can dive and play with a vampire doing it's steep flight any day, it's just not designed for it and may take a bit more tweaking body position at those angles but even a decent pilot can pull it off. The aura can also be flown dirty enough to hang out with p3s by an average pilot.

The c2 vs the aura, the c2 is much faster and more agile and can back fly. The c2 is great for skydiving but the aura still has faster starts in the base environment.

The big take away from this is to go fly both and see what you like to fly. Maybe Tony is more intuitive for you or maybe you taste the kool-aid and enjoy the squirrel more.
IHYD

lyosha

******It was a colugo 2 that won the red bull aces event, bam! C2 is better than the scorpion.

Hmm... what happened to "the best pilot won" ? :ph34r:

Wasn't it a hybrid Aura and not a C2 anyway?

That means you can call it either!!!

Best pilot for sure but will you completely ignore the suit flown?
IHYD

Fall0ut

***It was a colugo 2 that won the red bull aces event, bam! C2 is better than the scorpion.

Hmm... what happened to "the best pilot won" ? :ph34r:

My understanding from a couple of competitors was that the Scorpion pilots had difficulty maintaining forward speed when the required glide between gates got flatter.

The "redbull race"... Exit with 2 in front and 2 behind, for sure it was fair (and smart)...
Don t remember to saw production c2 in finals at WWL... Jedei, scorpion and Vrace yes. Squirrel did well too but with a prototype only for this kind of event, not a c2.
But all these suits are good now and it s mostly the pilot who made it fast or not.
Anyway, what the purpose to have the fastest if you don t race it? And if you do these races you ll have a sponsor so you ll fly his suit. ;)

alygator

The "redbull race"... Exit with 2 in front and 2 behind, for sure it was fair (and smart)...

thats not how the exit was at all. did you see the video from the race? All 4 crammed into the door at the exact time. Lots of people claim that the race was all just chance based on the exit, but on day 1 out of 48 people if you had asked my to pick the final 4, I would have gotten 3/4.

China race was super fast and divy prelims followed by a really flat straight finals, so I guess you can take what you want out of that too. BASE fast and skydiving fast are two very different things. I guarantee not one single pilot reached their maximum possible speed in the finals of the WWL or they wouldnt have reached the LZ.

and after all this, who the hell cares who can fly a suit the fastest forward? Does everyone exit the plane and just dive as fast as they can now?

Sure the backdoor is wide enough to let 4 people jump on the same time and in the same line... I expected pf pilot had won this by killing the others with theirs fins :D
But that s not the point. At this level and between these suits it s really the pilot who give the little extra amount of speed or not.
PS: A new competitor in this categorie will be out soon, the PF Arrow.

Aces was super rad, the best pilot (in the whole fucking world) won...by a wide margin.

The suit design changes from that event were put into the C2 and A2 idea trees.

I am finding the fastest suit possible may not be the best for precision flying...the aura (2) is still my choice for tight flying. Counterintuitive I knpw, but there are reasons.

Slowly finding less and less people who wanna play im the trees, so in 10 years...this shit may not matter anyway.

hjumper33

Thats because a lot of our friends wind up in those trees ... Regardless of the suit they're flying [:/]. I'm flying 15 ft higher and having (almost) as much fun

Do birds ever jump out of those trees in front of you?
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

alygator

Don t remember to saw production c2 in finals at WWL... Jedei, scorpion and Vrace yes. Squirrel did well too but with a prototype only for this kind of event, not a c2.
But all these suits are good now and it s mostly the pilot who made it fast or not.
Anyway, what the purpose to have the fastest if you don t race it? And if you do these races you ll have a sponsor so you ll fly his suit. ;)

if anyone exited 2 in front and 2 behind, that was by choice, not a rule.
you think squirrel had the only prototype there? there were lots of scorpions with a lot more mylar than you receive on your doorstep! that said, my production c2 feels much more powerful than the aces c2.

if you can't fly before you buy, just know you can't really go wrong now a days. choose a suit and stick with it, because it is all pilot with a little bit of luck. just be sure the suit your buying is designed in the realm of the things you wanna do with it.