chriseidan

tonysuit scorpion v Squirrel colugo

chriseidan

can you guys help me out with pros cons on the two suit how they compare and what would be your choice. cheers guys

What are you thinking you would like to use it for?
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

jump numbers are older just havnt updated i started on a prodigy then an sfly expert will be doing a number of jumps on a havok now in march. just doing some research on the different types of suits out there these two seemed good for distance speed not looking for acro suits but hang time and distance. im basically educating myself as where to go later this year.

chriseidan

jump numbers are older just havnt updated i started on a prodigy then an sfly expert will be doing a number of jumps on a havok now in march. just doing some research on the different types of suits out there these two seemed good for distance speed not looking for acro suits but hang time and distance. im basically educating myself as where to go later this year.

your best bet would be try them both before buying.
i owned a colugo and have flown a scorpion, two different suits completely.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

FWIW, I've jumped the Colugo and Aura. I really liked the Aura, and didn't like the Colugo much.
I've twice flown next to a Scorpion, and was quite impressed with it. Given a choice (not having flown the Scorpion), I'd probably choose a Scorpion anyway, simply because it _appeared_ to have less drag than the Colugo.
Follow the recommended progression, get into an Aura if your goal is to just fly flat, dumb, happy.

Zeemax

Option C.

Fly a smaller suit a whole heap more. What's the rush to jump the big suits?

Cuz it's all the rage these days?
Had a guy show up Sat with an X3. He wanted to celebrate his 200th skydive with a rider on his back.[:/]

Wild prairie? in my country we have thrown in just a simple minimum of regulation. It goes like this: We put suits into generic categories based on size. For our cat 4 suits (like X3), you need at least 100 WS jumps or if the producer of that suit recommends more, then that is the requirement. Same kind of gentle regulations that is in place for people wanting to downsize canopy, its to make them (more) safe and protect them as much as possible from themselves, while they gather the required skills. You do have some canopy downsize regulation in place in the US, right?

im just looking for information on the two suits i am already jumping smaller suits and will be doing so for awhile longer i am simply educating myself as to what is out there i have not found much info about the differences between these two suits and was curious. how do they fly are they fast nimble floaty etc it seem the logical next step to intermediate/advanced wingsuit to start learning as much as you can about different wingsuits, i know the two suits are different i was wondering how they differ. in the same way as i spent a long time learning about skydiving then trackingsuits then smaller wingsuits in general i am now looking into bigger suits and gathering information. different suit for different things right? dont think its rushing anything to go from prodigy to sfly expert to havok to colugo/scorpion in 150 200 ws jumps? or correct me if im wrong...

Why not try both and see what you think? The same suit in different pilots' hands will perform differently, due to variations in body shape, flying style, etc.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

DSE

Follow the recommended progression, get into an Aura if your goal is to just fly flat, dumb, happy.

could you elaborate spot? im not sure at what youre getting at. can an aura not be flown super fast and super steep and agile like say a vampire?
gravity brings me down.........

uberchris

***Follow the recommended progression, get into an Aura if your goal is to just fly flat, dumb, happy.

could you elaborate spot? im not sure at what youre getting at. can an aura not be flown super fast and super steep and agile like say a vampire?

To elaborate:
If you want to do precision flocks, if you want to do acro, if you want to backfly, if you want to do anything outside of more-or-less solo belly flight, then monster suits aren't likely what you want. Yes, an Aura can be flown super fast and super steep like a Vampire. Agile as a Vampire? I don't have enough jumps on the Aura to compare, and I don't do proximity so I can't intelligently compare, but in the few Aura and many Vampire flights I have, I'd struggle to believe that the Aura can be as agile as a Vampire. Remove the "exceptional" pilots from the conversation, talk about "average pilot" and I'm entirely certain the Aura is nowhere near as agile as the Vampire.
FWIW, guys show up at the DZ regularly with big suits, and myself and other regular flyers are routinely kicking their asses for distance, speed, hang time. It's not very often about the suit, it's usually the pilot.
FWIW, the 200 jump guy last weekend had 15-20 WS jumps, and doing his first jumps on the large suit.

Freeflaw

Colugo: Well behaved, highly pressurized, dives and flares well, super easy pull

Scorpion: Fast, twitchy/precise, dives and flares well

The scorpion is a little more difficult to fly it seems. I really like it though. Very hard to choose.

"Twitchy" isn't a word I would use to describe the Scorpion. I find it very stable. It only put me on my back once but that was in a serious Speed run and was more about me than the suit.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

I had trouble finding a proper adjective, hence the twitchy/precise. I should have phrased it as sensitive to input.

Loosing vertical altitude to drop down to another pilot was incredibly easy. It seems as stable in a dive as the colugo while feeling a little less stable on the roll axis.

ive got about 50 on my P3 right now and loving it, would you say that after i hit the 100 or more mark on my P3 that i would be able to try out something like an R or S-bird? all the flying i do is fast and steep, and im not interested in the flock skydiving thing, im trying to learn speed and distance for the BASe environment.
gravity brings me down.........