vitriol

SUMO, new tracking suit from Squirrel

I like that they kept it a true 2-piece tracking suit. I think Tony's ideas are cool...but the one-piece design with separate inflatable cells makes it more of a hybrid between a WS and TS in my mind.

Maybe it's all semantics and more options are always better. But I like the traditional 2-piece style.
Apex BASE

Lukasz_Se

http://youtu.be/D9qfTlALLpU
Cruise in the right hands outperforms early wingsuit designs,

Although the Cruise might be an awesome suit (never flown it), the keyword (again) here is "right hands". A certain russian opened from the same cliff high above the landing area with a prodigy1 years ago and people who really suck in a big suit cannot make it there today. So you could rightfully say as well that the Prodigy in right hands outperforms some of the modern ws designs. :)

Hats off to the frenchies though, that is some very impressive tracking regardless of the suit used!
http://www.ufufreefly.com

maretus

***http://youtu.be/D9qfTlALLpU
Cruise in the right hands outperforms early wingsuit designs,

Although the Cruise might be an awesome suit (never flown it), the keyword (again) here is "right hands". A certain RUSSIAN opened from the same cliff high above the landing area with a prodigy1 years ago and people who really suck in a big suit cannot make it there today. So you could rightfully say as well that the Prodigy in right hands outperforms some of the modern ws designs. :)

Hats off to the frenchies though, that is some very impressive tracking regardless of the suit used!
Well, there you go, RUSSIAN ;) I bet he landed with his slider still the whole way up the lines ;)

BTW, in 2010 there was a movie posted with someone tracking all the way to the landing area in Pressurised G2 suit but it is hard to call it a track suit with big leg wing and small wings on the arms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWF5bdVfvr8

All jokes aside about Russians, I totally agree with you. But still, for me it is fun to see how many new tracksuits are coming out this year and how big it is getting. Except Tonys suit, Cruise and squirrel suit, there is Raven (Rami Kajalas own tracking suit), I met a guy in Spain that was working on developing his own tracksuit (german, don't remember the name of his company), then I also noticed some short clip on youtube of a french guy jumping his own design that he's working on. I don't think the market for tracking suits is THAT big but it's fun with new stuff, I really wonder what kind of performance we can get out of the new generation of tracking suits when there are people doing stuff in the old designs that is mindblowing...

...like here, "old" phoenix fly wide in the "right hands" ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IKN3sx6CnE&feature=share&list=FLFR7napv22h0BNitKC-lcbQ&index=4

Yep, I love tracking :)

I had originally thought of a celled tracking suit design which I sent to Matt G as an idea last year, but I love their simple solution to the problem with the velcro leg strap on the inside. Such a simple solution! Makes you smack yourself in the head and say, "Why didn't I think of that!?"

The cell idea I had wasn't as refined as Tony's, though. My original sketch shows the cells stretching all the way from one side, across the back, and to the other side.
http://i.imgur.com/0fiBfim.jpg
^I drew that about month after seeing the Mylar-reinforcement on the Colugo which I tried integrating on the suit.

Found it's best to just sit back and let the professionals work :]

Thank you Matt G for discussing some design properties with me and creating one sexy and practical suit!

And thank you Tony for creating a suit design that I've been waiting for that will blow the performance of any other suit out there down the drain! Just wait for the next tracking race and you'll all see :P Of course it's bordering the line of wingsuit and tracking suit but it's no different then the Cruise, just more efficient :]

Now the problem is saving for both suits :|

from their website
Inside the pants at the knee, we have added a Velcro enclosure which anchors the pants to your leg, reducing pant-leg wobble and increasing control and performance. This is one of the most crucial features of the SUMO, giving the pants a more precise and solid feel when maneuvering in high speed tracks.
-i have flown at least 5 pairs of PF track suits and only 1 of them didnt require some sort of washiness to sort out. heard its the case with other brands as well. given, with time in the suit it becomes a non issue. ive been in extreme sports my whole life, when taking things to the limit, you want as few variables to deal with as possible. i see this as like setting up suspension on a motorcycle. you dont just get a bike with crap handling and are told to deal with it even though you get tank slappers every bump you hit. you/they figure out the setup so you dont have to deal with it.

Shredex:
pretty cool your idea went somewhere!

Yes, a lot of people don't seem to notice it and the ones that do are told that they just don't know how to fly.

When your legs move freely inside the pants this allows for fabric shifts on either side of the leg. When you have different variations of drag vs. weight distribution then it will create different flight characteristics and even instability. This is why people sometimes have to fly their suit cockeyed a bit in order for it to go straight. Again, you might not even realize it's doing it, or that you're flying cockeyed, but it's there.

My solution for this problem was the cell design which is rather complex which is why I smacked myself in the head after seeing Squirrels simple solution :]

This isn't about who thought of what, though. It's about sharing ideas that will help push our sport forward.