Pigi

Changing bridle lengh and PC size

Pigi

Hi guys, what do you think about changing bridle and PC for winsuiting? any suggestion? my rig is a Sunpath Javelin Odyssey DOB 2005 :)

I have the same container and year. You should be fine with smaller suits. It certainly would be a good idea to get a longer one. If you are looking at it from a $$ perspective a new extended bridle and PC will cost you roughly two reserve repacks ;)

za_skydiver

Same PC, Longer bridle

Edit to add: To be more specific, I went to my rigger and asked for a new 9ft bridle, on the same PC

Same PC of what size? If it's a small PC, then you'll want to upsize, particularly if big suits are the goal.

Pigi

Hi guys, what do you think about changing bridle and PC for winsuiting? any suggestion? my rig is a Sunpath Javelin Odyssey DOB 2005 :)

while we are on the subject if anyone is selling a wing suit bridal and pc Im in the market for when I get a bigger suit. shoot me a pm
BASE 1519

wasatchrider

***Hi guys, what do you think about changing bridle and PC for winsuiting? any suggestion? my rig is a Sunpath Javelin Odyssey DOB 2005 :)

while we are on the subject if anyone is selling a wing suit bridal and pc Im in the market for when I get a bigger suit. shoot me a pm

Rigger usually can extend your bridle. chutingstar has em' on the shelf as a package. So does Rigging Innovations.
However, if your PC is hitting a few hundred jumps, might as well replace both in one shot.

Fall0ut

I got a regular PC and bridle in my Mirage rig and fly a P2 at the moment. No problems at all so far.

Recently I discovered this article in which the author Matt from Squirrel has some valid points against using a longer bridle even in big suits: http://base-book.com/bridle-length

Do you know the standard bridle in BASE is 9 feet?
And that the "extra long bridle" used in skydiving is 9 feet?
Extra long bridle in BASE is 11 feet.

Wingsuitbridle in BASE is not the same as wingsuitbridle in skydiving.

ifell

I asked for "wingsuit bridle" when I ordered my Mirage not too long ago and it's 8,5 feet from the pin

It's still more than the average 'normal sky bridle' of 6-7 feet.
I just meant all bridles are not the same and 'wingsuit bridle' depends on the sport.
Just like "bidle" in crw is, I don't know, 4feet, maybe 5?

If you're deploying in full flight (base) then yes. However for skydiving I havn't changed it. I do not deploy in full flight-just curl up a bit and duck my head down a bit and it clears off my back just fine. I changed to that after I felt the d-bag bounce off my heels.

i have a 11' bridle and had a wicked pc in tow yesterday on an xbird1,
i have A LOT of jumps on my micron with 11' bridle from pin and 28" zp pc. this was the first time i experienced a pc in tow with a ws bridle.
i reached back after pulling to ensure i did pitch the pud, it was gone, dbag still in container, i tried to manually extract the dbag by the bridle, when that failed i went for my handles, as soon as i grabbed them i felt the dbag bounce off of my foot. scotty burns was watching this from the ground, saw the whole thing, he thought i needed a longer bridle after this incident, he was really suprised when i showed him it was an 11'er
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

roostnureye

i have a 11' bridle and had a wicked pc in tow yesterday on an xbird1,
i have A LOT of jumps on my micron with 11' bridle from pin and 28" zp pc. this was the first time i experienced a pc in tow with a ws bridle.
i reached back after pulling to ensure i did pitch the pud, it was gone, dbag still in container, i tried to manually extract the dbag by the bridle, when that failed i went for my handles, as soon as i grabbed them i felt the dbag bounce off of my foot. scotty burns was watching this from the ground, saw the whole thing, he thought i needed a longer bridle after this incident, he was really suprised when i showed him it was an 11'er

Were you deploying in full flight? Arching?

i was chasing a new Sbird owner, i dove down for his deployment then planed out and pitched. i have over 500 deployments exactly like this. im guessing its just one of those weird instances when everything dosent work out as planned.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121