FlyingMatt

PF carve?

We're releasing an order form for the Havok Carve (as mentioned in the news).
But the suit isnt listed on the website yet, due to various size templates still being cut.

But it will be listed among the other suits officially within a few days. The order form will be up later tonight.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Ill be putting some more detailed video stuff up later, but most of my recent videos show the suit ripping around the skies. The improvements in agility make it even sharper in transitions and steel angles then it already was.

Ill have an extra carve with me at Elsinore in
2 weeks for those who want to try!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

jamesndavis

What is the current lead time for the carve, I really hope they are short

About 12 to 14 weeks at the moment. Several people with normal Havok's already on order have been receiving Havok Carves the last few weeks. And every order made since the announcement is also currently in the queue/pending.

Here's a bit of video on the Carve from Elsinore last week!

YouTube
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

jamesndavis

When I placed my order pf site said 8 weeks now it's up to 14 wow.

They got a huge amount of orders coming in due to updates in their line. I ordered a Havok couple month ago, and was warned by a dealer that their lead time will be longer, especially due to my not so standard build.

jamesndavis

When I placed my order pf site said 8 weeks now it's up to 14 wow.

Yes...this is something that always happens when a new suit is announced.
We had a tsunami of Carve orders come in, the moment the form went live.

But the factory is ever expanding, and never laying anyone of in times of lower volume. The workers in the factory have been with Robi for a long, long time. Most of them from the Birdman days even. So all care and manpower is used to get the suits made asap.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hi James,

Jokes aside, the lead time should roughly be what it was around the time you ordered.
For someone ordering now, thats about 12 to 14 weeks. But you ordered a while ago, so should be around the 8 to 10 weeks quoted around that time (or whatever was listed, its usually pretty accurate).

It being a new suit/templates, there may be a small deviation, but the lead times are usually pretty accurate. Pricing is still not listed, as the suit is still in pre-order, to see what time goes into labour. But it should roughly be the same as the pricing for the 'old' Havok listed on the website, with an added $75 to $100 most likely. There is a lot more sewing that goes into the newer model.

As soon as there are a double dozen suits finishes/delivered to customers, we'll have an actual pricing, and the full suit page and details will go up on the website.

Also note that, though people may expect their suits in 3 weeks, the volume of suits ordered varies througout the year. So we try to find a balance in terms of number of workers needed (so we never need to lay anyone of). And we're still nowhere near some of the rig and canopy manufacturers, who are quite used to 3 to sometimes 9 month lead times. And depending on how busy things get with orders, that can be a reality.

For orders made now, the lead time is around 10-12 weeks. But the 12-14 is staying on the safe side, as sometimes additional steps in the chain (people working through un-official 'dealers' etc) can add a few days.

Expect the first finalized Havok Carves to hit the street in a short while, and a price announcement roughly start of next week. We're not a big evil microsoft coperation, but just a small company working hard to create amazing flying products for your enjoyment with a lot of enthusiasm. Hope that positive spirit shines through.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I put my order in on Feb 20 for the Havok and it's been 11 weeks. Any idea if I'm likely to get it soon? I know they're very busy, and I'm not complaining, I'm just hoping I can put enough jumps on it to use it at the heliboogie. Love the company, but I wish they could return emails a bit better.

Actually a small correction, suits for all normal size templates are only at a 4-6 week scedule for production right now. On the Havok Carve some of the bigger/odd sizes are taking a bit longer (like Elpnors) due to falling outside of normal templates (very tall, or bigger build) that havent been constructed yet. But all normal order placed now can expect shipping within 6 weeks.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?