daytripper419

PD Storm wingloadings?

I have recently sold my crossfire 2 129 to buy something I feel more comfortable Wingsuiting in. I am leaning towards a storm. I was curious how people have found higher wingloadings(1.6-1.8)on a storm to perform? I am looking at a 135 or 120(would prefer). The biggest I can fit in my container(micron308) is the 135. My exit weight is approximately 215 which is the max for a 120. Any opinions on the wingloadings of these two sizes related to performance etc is highly appreciated.

I put about 750 jumps on a Storm 150 loaded at 1.6, most of them wingsuit jumps. I love it, and I've heard they're great at 1.8 as well (from talking to friends loaded like that).

Landings are nice and easy in wind from 0-30 mph, straight-in toggles up to 270 front risers. Dunno about more than that.

I think in those 750 jumps I've had one instance of line twists, which were easily cleared.
Brian

Mine is loaded at 1.6, and it opens consistently and smoothly. Linetwists are very rare, usually on-heading, and it flies itself very nicely. I never owned a Crossfire 2, but the Storm is sporty if you're looking for quick response to all inputs.
I'm not a swooper, so 180 fronts are as big as I go. However, I've watched better pilots perform decent swoops with this canopy.
Can't say enough good about the Storm 135 and 150 with a stowless bag.

daytripper419

I have recently sold my crossfire 2 129 to buy something I feel more comfortable Wingsuiting in. I am leaning towards a storm. I was curious how people have found higher wingloadings(1.6-1.8)on a storm to perform? I am looking at a 135 or 120(would prefer). The biggest I can fit in my container(micron308) is the 135. My exit weight is approximately 215 which is the max for a 120. Any opinions on the wingloadings of these two sizes related to performance etc is highly appreciated.

I Own and currently fly a crossfire 119 and a storm 120, and wingsuit both. Both are fun to fly. I don't swoop, usually just carve in. If I could only have 1, I'd take the storm. My weight sans gear is 165.

Now that I jump less, I may even just sell my crossfire 2 rig. I like the storms performance, but it'd be a step down from the crossfire, but it has a high 'fun factor'

_justin