travisjones

Phat Bird-Buzzard

I was out Test Base Jumping a prototype Phat-Bird "Buzzard" wingsuit and "Dumpster" harness and container system off Brento a while ago. And i was very pleased with the way the suit and rig performed. I am working on a new prototype of both the Buzzard and the Dumpster that will be my final production model. I hope to have more information and website running soon with more info, videos, and pictures, etc. Until then here are two links for some of the raw footage from two of the jumps. Remember when watching that my exit weight is about 250lbs and my friend Ted videoing is flying a v-4. Any feedback is appreciated. I will post updates as they come along. Thanks for your time and Look for Phat Birds Flying around soon...

Test Base Jump Raw Footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny3j83EhJ2Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZA1FoVgJp4

Mad respect man, you made a suit yourself that can fly to the landing at brento. Of course theres better performing suits out there, and the time and energy spent on making something yourself is way more than from a manufacterer, but the feeling of making something yourself and jumping it is worth it all!

Working on my first container right now.

Thanks I appreciate that it does take alot of work. The model im jumping in the video is all about speed and racing(still managed to pull over the landing area at like 600 ft but def has tweaking I could only get it up to 115 MPH according to fly sight) The next one is going to be called the Pro Buzzard and it will have better gliding characteristics and a faster start. I have been building up my manufacturing capabilities and will have no problem producing suits soon. Its been long 5 years of learning but im almost ready to provide the wingsuit world with a new brand to choose from.