yorgunson

Squirrel Swift?

Hi all,

Anyone who owns or flown or know about Squirrel Swift and would like to share opinions about it? Especially in terms of its comparison to other beginner type suits (like I-bird, T-bird, Phantom 3 etc.)

I am new to wingsuiting (15 jumps) and in the process of buying my own suit. Did 4 jumps with a Phantom 3 and 11 with a T-bird. So far I found Phantom 3 much easier to fly. But looks like Swift emerged as another excellent choice for beginners like me.

Thanks!

NexGenSkydiver

I should have my suit in two weeks and will let you know what I think of it. Are you looking for information on back flying or just on belly?

I'm definitely curious how the swift flies compared to a phantom3 ... belly, flocks, performance, float, speed, acro, flips and shit, barrel rolls, backfly, transitions, hand docks, foot docks, rodeos, power, acceleration, agility, etc.
Brian

Thanks! Could you make sure you backfly it? One of the things that I've been looking for is info on how the Squirrel line backflies.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Im planning on it. There arent back vents in the colugo of aura, though I think you can maybe special order them, and ive seen one prototype aura that had back vents. I plan on doing some good old fashion acro flying, complete with carving, barrel rolls, and hopefully front flips if I can remember how to do them!

I flew a swift this past weekend. I am also a new wingsuiter with about 15 jumps on a phantom 3 prior to the swift. I thought the two suits flew similar, but I thought the swift was a bit faster with a bit more range than the phantom 3. I asked others who are considerably more experienced what they thought and they agreed with my assessment. I just ordered my swift.

I do think the phantom 3 is a little more robust and simple suit, as the glide skin needs to be taken care of because it can be nicked and scratched. The mylar also needs to be minded to keep its performance. Neither are big issues, but if you are careless or hard on gear the phantom 3 maybe a better option.

The glide skin is tougher than you think. I have probably 120 jumps on my colugo, all but 10 in the base world where I am cramming it into a stash bag after, and I dont really spend any time folding it any special way besides not snapping grippers. I havent done any damage to the mylar, vent stiffeners, or glide skin yet.

Just wanted to chime in on the durability of the suits and other benefits. I put a little over 200 ws BASE jumps on my Squirrel suits this season and they hold up nicely. I've had a verity of PF suits and I definitely wouldn't say they are more durable
Also, what should be mentioned here is the RAD rapid arm deployment and what a benefit it is for beginner to advanced pilots. You throw out your pic, punch out your arms and can have your hands high on the risers instantly. This is a huge benefit for riding out line twists, working with malfunctions or starting your emergency procedures promptly.

I've just taken delivery of my Squirrel Swift. Im a new wing suiter and only have 15 jumps on it with nothing to compare it too and in terms of performance and I'm very much a novice pilot but I will echo the comments on its easy reach arm system being very effective and that the overall build quality and attention to detail is incredibly impressive. The order process was painless and customer service second to none. Im in the process of loosing a lot of weight in a post motorcycle accident period and the squirrel team have offered to resize my suit when I reach my target weight. Now thats impressive. Like I say I don't have enough experience to compare it to much else but the fliers I have flown alongside tell me they are impressed with its range and speed. I love it. It doesn't do any thing funky and feels solid. I will report back when I'm able to offer more feedback.

aOwl

Now that you mention the lack of back vents on the larger suits, may I ask that you post some pics on how the back of the swift looks like?

Cheers

I see your based in the UK. My swift and I are jumping at Netheravon and Dunkerswell when weather permits. If your near either of these DZ's I'd be happy to show you my swift which also have back fly inlets.

The one I got from them was just to see how a new pattern fit in the real world, and I was meant for someone bigger in the first place. Did a couple jumps on it but wouldnt say I even want to make any comment on how it flies yet. Build quality looks awesome and it is very similar in vent, attachment, and arms to my aura. Delivery date is the 5th for my production one.

Just keeping the thread active as i would love to hear from people who have a bunch of experience on p2 and have upgraded to either p3 or swift, and the extent of the improvement. Ideally in a base environment as i am still trying to figure the next step up for me with 200 p2 jumps and am trying to get another10 % in performance to make some jumps a bit more doable e.g sputnik. Thanks

base651

Just keeping the thread active as i would love to hear from people who have a bunch of experience on p2 and have upgraded to either p3 or swift, and the extent of the improvement. Ideally in a base environment as i am still trying to figure the next step up for me with 200 p2 jumps and am trying to get another10 % in performance to make some jumps a bit more doable e.g sputnik. Thanks

with 200 jumps i think a more fun progression might be a ghost 3 or havok. Even moving up to a v-series suit would be "safe." a p3 or swift would not be much of an upgrade, if you are going for an extremely slow progression, then cool. no judgements, but thought you should look into something bigger.
IHYD

hjumper33

The one I got from them was just to see how a new pattern fit in the real world, and I was meant for someone bigger in the first place. Did a couple jumps on it but wouldnt say I even want to make any comment on how it flies yet. Build quality looks awesome and it is very similar in vent, attachment, and arms to my aura. Delivery date is the 5th for my production one.

thanks! My suit will already be ordered by then, but I'm still curious to read your impressions when you have a chance to fly it.

As a side information, I have been asking experienced people/coaches and the general opinion is that the heavy guys are pretty happy with swift. It's wing area is comparable to R-bird.

So looks like it is bigger than the usual beginner suits in the market but is advertised as a versatile suit.

I ordered mine too. I am hoping to get it before the Squirrelfest in Perris (Dec 4-9) and fly it there.