jtholmes

seeking black female wingsuit pilot for fun job

jtholmes

Here is to the haters:

http://vimeo.com/85958793

Has nothing to do with haters,... and quite frankly I don't understand why you would say that,....

It has to do with a person that want's to come to a dropzone to jump, and not be known for her skin color. You can respect that or not. Not everyone in the world sees the world the way you do. And not everyone feels that people of color are treated fairly in our media. But if your point is to get that market share, knock yourself out.

C

It is a nice vid though,...:)
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

DSE

Kauai?

No. That's north shore/Dillingham field.
Excellent piece of work as always, JT.

ChrisD, sometimes you still amaze me with where you can twist up BS beyond recognition.:S

Then just ask me to clarify what you don't understand????? I have friends of color that get very upset at the mere mention of being singled out because of the many other perspectives and viewpoints that never get mentioned. If you want to just limit the discussion to the cinematography and visual presentation, that's fine. But many view this as just another taboo topic promoting racism in a corporate world. After years of dealing with this issue of discrimination, and exploitation, and how some are treated, and seeing the pain and suffering on THEIR faces, took me a long time to "get it" as well, I take the opportunity to voice a little. On one level I want to say deal with it, on another level I want to understand why so many don't understand this point??? Perhaps this will inspire some to consider skydiving when in the past they wouldn't have. Not everything is negative here. I see a real danger in being too politically correct, and especially when there are so many topics that we cannot have a discussion about. This is progress??? How does this relate to skydiving as a whole? Is this an issue that's worth pursuing? Or are the economics of skydiving the only barrier for people of color? I'm going to STFU about this subject for now. Either I'm wasting my time trying to present a minority viewpoint, or this isn't the place to ever have this discussion??

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

jtholmes

Thanks DSE!

And man I could not agree more about ChrisD twisting BS up beyond recognition. What an unbelievably odd and unfounded stance to take. Oh well.

All the best
JT

Nice shoot.

For the record, I've only just read the original thread and it came across as a perfectly normal request.

People who create racial issues out of nothing are as bad as racists in my opinion.